2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. And it's a big part of the problem. I've seen workhorses. Most of the late 90s early 00s were workhorses. Gemmil, Pembridge, Carsley, Horne, Ebbrell etc types. Very well set up for relegation dogfights.

Burnley are a modern day example of this. They’re currently 18th on 9 points and there’s absolutely no way I’d fancy them to go down before us. Because they will battle, scrap and make it horrible for the opposition. Mad that people think our issue is solely creativity and we’re just this group of headless chickens that run around and work hard with no ability. We don’t even do that, we don’t have that as a base level. These players don’t know the meaning of hard work.

It is Benitez’ fault we are crap though. Our players are mediocre, our squad is thin, but it is a mid table squad. Benitez has taken that mid table squad and turned it into a shambles. We are disorganised, we constantly play 2 in midfield, when it is patently obvious that we don’t have the players for it, we persist with Rondon up front because, I can only imagine, Benitez chased him all summer and is trying to justify this, Benitez has huge issues with being able to accept responsibility for anything and is totally incapable of admitting he has made a mistake.

Moshiri is an absolute cart for appointing him in the first place, but, Moshiri is not as stubborn as Benitez, it won’t take him too much longer to accept he’s made a mistake and pull the trigger if things don’t improve very quickly.

The ethos at Everton now is mid table and balancing the books, this squad, with a competent manager, should be capable of that, but, it is beginning to look like our current manager is not going to hack it.

As for the injuries, they happen and today, which in my view was an absolutely horrible performance, he had his first choice 11 with the exception of Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison, so 2 injuries and can perform that badly at Brentford.

So as I say, I think it is Benitez’ fault, he has turned a distinctly average team into a team which may well find itself in a relegation battle.
I know, I'm kind of playing devils advocate here.

Just out of curiosity. Ive seen Ancelotti and Rafael try several formations and none worked. None! 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 5-3-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-4-2 worked for a while then sunk because out dated, 3-4-3, 4-1-2-3, etc etc. Ancelotti made us sit back and then Holgate orPickford would give the opostion a goal and then the opposition just sits and waits for an attack that never came. Rafael at least has us move in a much more attacking way. Please tell me, what system should Rafael play?
Anything with 3 in midfield, no Rondón up front and the desire to push up a bit and put a few passes together rather than sitting deep and hoofing it up to the forwards. Oh and coach the defence to defend set pieces and come up with a system that doesn’t constantly leave Digne marking a 6 foot 2 inch grock at the far post every time we defend a corner from our right hand side.

That would do for a start, I’m not a football manager, I’m sure one of them could give you a better idea, but, it’s the best I can do for now. Oh and by the way, his man management is appalling, I have seldom seen a more unhappy looking group of players.

Sorry, but you did ask.

considering we are happy to pay has-beens from China who've done nothing in a decade £8,000,000 a year, I'm guessing the list would actually be considerably longer than most people would like us to believe.
We are at least the 15th most attractive club in the most attractive league in the world . You'd think we can get someone who can actually arrange more than one sub a game .

I think the question needs to be asked why has this owner appointed yet another manager that he’s going to have to sack mid-season with another huge payoff?
I’m getting my application in first thing tomorrow, easy money this PL manager business. Fail, and walk away a millionaire.

considering we are happy to pay has-beens from China who've done nothing in a decade £8,000,000 a year, I'm guessing the list would actually be considerably longer than most people would like us to believe.

Ok, of course there will be a queue from Goodison to kingdom come for £8m a year

Good manager's maybe not so many

Then 6 months later we are in exactly the same boat again, I guess if nothing changers at board level, it's rinse and repeat again and again

I think the question needs to be asked why has this owner appointed yet another manager that he’s going to have to sack mid-season with another huge payoff?
On paper, I can understand why he may have appeared to be a manager with decent credentials: PL experience; twelve top flight honours including in Europe.

He lives locally, knows the expectations and has made some good signings. To Moshiri and co., shell-shocked by Carlo's departure, it looked a decent fit.

Yet, we all know it hid the deficiencies in recent years and was probably seen as the 'safe' bet rather than an ambitious one that'd push us to success.

On paper, I can understand why he may have appeared to be a manager with decent credentials: PL experience; twelve top flight honours including in Europe.

He lives locally, knows the expectations and has made some good signings. To Moshiri and co., shell-shocked by Carlo's departure, it looked a decent fit.

Yet, we all know it hid the deficiencies in recent years and was probably seen as the 'safe' bet rather than an ambitious one that'd push us to success.

There’s no “and co”, it was purely Moshiri’s decision. He ignored fan outrage and his colleagues on the board to appoint him. This appointment is 1000% on him.

Well lets see what happens to do first, I'm not confident which is rare for me
By contrast i was very confident we would lose which is fast becoming my attitude before most games.

Confident we'll lose Wednesday as well. This is now serious, we are in a major slump and with the fixtures to come it's likely to get even worse too.

Losing becomes a habit which is very difficult to break, it's s vicious circle. . losing lowers confidence which in turn leads to worse performances and more defeats which further sucks away at any dregs of confidence left leading to us sinking fast into dangerous depths of trouble

Players returning to an abject side, painfully short on confidence, not wanting the ball, distracted by worrying about where on earth the next point is coming from won't revive the sinking ship. The returning players get dragged down to the new depressing level rather than inspire a revival.

These are worrying times. .. but Rafà must be the right choice and can't do anything wrong. ...or just maybe he isn't and never was?

Until now Rafael had excuses in the fact that the all front line been injured, he got rid off of the creativity players and he went for intensity as this is apparently the way how Everton fans like their team to play which is absolutely crap , all what we do is crossing those balls into the box but unfortunately with Dom been out no ones is there to capitalize those opportunities
who to blame for those injuries? we have way too many players out and not ready to play , not all of them injured in official match , Rafael ?how , clever lad , he fired medical team and basically pointed on them , no he has no more excuses, if we don't start wining in January he will be sacked 100%

As for the injuries, they happen and today, which in my view was an absolutely horrible performance, he had his first choice 11 with the exception of Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison, so 2 injuries and can perform that badly at Brentford.

So as I say, I think it is Benitez’ fault, he has turned a distinctly average team into a team which may well find itself in a relegation battle.
Either of them 2 on the end of the balls into the box today and we score at least 3. They are a big miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.