2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He should never have been appointed, but, he was, Moshiri will stick with him now until either, we balance the books, or, we get into the bottom 5 or so. I wish we’d never hired him, but, I think we would struggle to afford the price of sacking him now unless relegation became a real possibility.
As soon as results jeopardize Moshiri's ( & his cuddly mate ) investment he will be bulleted , same as Silva & Koeman.

He wouldnt think twice about it.

Well his win percentage is obviously gonna be higher by default seeing as he only managed us for 18 months, you’re essentially using the “Sam Allardyce is England’s greatest ever manager with a 100% win record” argument except you’re being serious rather than memeing. Are you arguing that Ancelotti, finishing 10th and 12th, was a better Everton manager than David Moyes because his win percentage was higher?

Another one not reading the replies.
I wasnt championing ancelotti. It was in connection to the "total failure"
Christ this forums hard work at times.

Correct, which is pathetic, just like worshiping a Chelsea legend, even though he was terrible for us. All that should count is Everton, our club and our future.
No its not like "worshiping a Chelsea legend" (is he even one?). You know this though, you are not thick.

The last sentence is correct of course, however some may say that the position we are in now is not really "our" club at all.

Wasn't his win percentage the 3rd best in the clubs managerial History?
You can argue a few things. But i wouldnt class that as "total failure"

Think the old saying is you are only as good as your last game

Carlo was great at the start, we were scoring for fun, then it went to crap and we finished the season with 2 wins in 12 playing absolutely torrid football

You would expect more from a supposed 'world class manager' or a Chelsea legend?

Have we finished paying off the others managers yet, like Silva, Fat Sam, Koeman etc.... great idea swapping and changing your manager isn't it?

Carlo was great at the start, we were scoring for fun, then it went to crap and we finished the season with 2 wins in 12 playing absolutely torrid football

You would expect more from a supposed 'world class manager' or a Chelsea legend?

Have we finished paying off the others managers yet, like Silva, Fat Sam, Koeman etc.... great idea swapping and changing your manager isn't it?
Torrid end was probably bcuz everyone but us knew by that point that he was off so the effort went out the window. No doubt Carlo would have took us places but he didn't want to be here so what can we do. Benitez will do a good job if given time. Carlo had half a season before his first full one to figure things out. Benitez needs a season at least

No not particularly. I think thats been done to death on here for the past few years. It was basically a vanity appointment. This squad of the past 5/6 years are proven bottlers.
But, the reason i responded was the total failure comment. He wasnt. That was just thrown out there by someone who is desperate for people to buy into benitez.

Year on year managers are struggling with the inherited squads.
The rot set in years ago and we have never been able to properly recover.
CA brought us Dacoure and Allen, RB has added Townsend and Gray.
It's slow progress when many of the rest are so below average at best.

Year on year managers are struggling with the inherited squads.
The rot set in years ago and we have never been able to properly recover.
CA brought us Dacoure and Allen, RB has added Townsend and Gray.
It's slow progress when many of the rest are so below average at best.

That is exactly it. Many posted even when ancelotti took over that even if he hit the jackpot with every signing it was a minimum 3 years. Thats how poor this mob were/are.
I think the fact that so late in the season we were still in serious contention for a CL place was credit to ancelotti. Even though it was dire to watch.
Every Evertonian knew deep down though we wasnt good enough.
We still have a large core of bottle job merchants with no winners mentality at all.
Iwobi being the absolute worst of the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.