Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MORE RONDONS

That sure seems like the answer to me
Which is why I said "back the manager financially" - not the tuppeny pittance that Brands found in his skinny jeans arse pocket this summer. To be fair, Gray, Townsend, and Rondon was a pretty respectable return in that scenario. As Meatloaf rightly said: "Two out of three aint bad".

:D

We played 3 games with both of them available ffs

Against Southampton, Leeds and Brighton. We got seven points, which is the minimum you'd expect.

Said it last week, and it was proved today, Richarlison and DCL don't help us control a game

Chatting pure shabite there.

Richy and DCL can win headers, run channels, pressure defenders and win a lot of free-kicks to slow the game down.

Knocked out of the cup against QPR, badly struggling in the league, haven't played a single good 90 mins of football all season, just conceded five at home to relegation fodder and have you seen our coming fixtures?! But yeah, nothing to worry about eh........

A fantastic start to the seen though apparently.

Self evaluation is the easiest type of evaluation though. You get to set your own standards.

The club are a disgrace and the manager must go before we can recover.

IMG_20211023_190046.jpg

Benitez didn't spend cash Ancelotti never had an injury crisis like this with a lot of players simultaneously out.
Check out our team away to Brighton which we drew 0:0.

Pickford, Allen, doucore, dcl were all out. We started davies, Holgate and siggy in midfield. We had 2 youth keepers on the bench, and only one senior player in iwobi on the bench (naming only 8 players). But no, ancelotti never struggled with injuries.

Benitez was missing dcl and doucoure from our first 11 today. Mina as well depending on whether you prefer him or Keane.

Don't fix what's not broke

It's insanity to change a winning formula for a method based on a philosophy that has failed both times Benitez has managed in this league.

He needs to take responsibility for that massive mess up, from the starting 11, to subs to almost acting as though it was nothing to do with him, or thats what it feels like for me lol, But anyway it was not just that final 11mins - as we got lucky a lot of this to not conceding like we did as we get lucky most games for me - our defending is always all over the place and even games we are in control of or win we still are pretty dodgy to say the least

We’ve sold half the squad already...

Our set play record was exceptional last season.

The irony of a man who has full control of his willpower not to drink, turning me into someone who's going to go straight to the pub in 30 minutes to have 8 pints

Nah they aren't. We know they're crap.

But there's a person in charge who has to mitigate the crapness.

These same players conceded seven goals from set-pieces in the league last season. We're already at 6. Why did Benitez think Tom Davies was an adequate replacement for Doucoure, who does the job of three players in midfield? Why did he leave Rondon on and take Gordon off?

If someone could explain to me how any new manager comes in and watches videos of our games from last season then decides to change our defensive set piece setup?

I cannot understand why anyone would do that?

I noted Keane played left centre back at the start of the season and was making errors...a positon Ancelotti had pulled him out of last season -- surely Benitez noticed this?

Did he watch our performances last season at all?

Doesnt seem like it, the rumours of Mina being allowed to leave last summer and the lack of any extension are highly concerning.

It's so obvious we should use a 3 man centre-midfield by now to everyone except the manager. We need more defensive cover, and we need our wide players to get higher so they can actually impact the game.

but we don’t have 3 CMs with doucoure out. After Davies it’s Gbamin.

I thought his answers were a bit of a joke. Talking about our brilliant start to the season. What a load of tosh.

4pts off where i expected us to be...hes not doing well.

Harder games coming up.

Using a zonal marking on set-pieces with or without Mina will be his downfall.

It's invites pressure because it's negative and players switch off, they don't take responsibility and they are innocent of blame.

Martinez, Koeman, Silva all tried this and it doesn't work when you have small players like Digne, Coleman, Allan, Gray, Townsend plus a keeper who doesn't command crosses.

3 goals from 3 crosses is unacceptable and this trend won't stop.

Nailed it. Zonal marking never works when you dont have massive grocks....they can stick 2 big men on Godfreys area and a smaller chap on Keanes zone.

It was just the usual Benitez self promotion. ALways someone else to blame, he doesn't take responsibility. He's a failing manager of a previous era and isn't good enough to manage our club.
Just poor from him...came across like he had just come crawling out of a trench at the somme....shellshocked and passing the blame.

It's so obvious we should use a 3 man centre-midfield by now to everyone except the manager. We need more defensive cover, and we need our wide players to get higher so they can actually impact the game.

No Doucoure means we need 3 in midfield.

My opinion is the same as it ever was. We cannot progress as a club under this manager for various reasons. The main ones being firstly he's totally average and past his best. Second, the atmosphere at the club will turn absolutely horrible and the club will be divided in two.

I have zero affiliation with this version of Everton. I wish I could give up on them but I can't. If we have any standards he would be gone after today, but we have zero standards so he will get plenty more chances to fail along with these perennial losers we have on the pitch. We need a clean break from this version of Everton and to start again from scratch. I want the club to succeed but I don't think it will ever happen. The last 4 months show no one at the club cares enough to make it happen.

He needs to take responsibility for that massive mess up, from the starting 11, to subs to almost acting as though it was nothing to do with him, or thats what it feels like for me lol, But anyway it was not just that final 11mins - as we got lucky a lot of this to not conceding like we did as we get lucky most games for me - our defending is always all over the place and even games we are in control of or win we still are pretty dodgy to say the least
We had players, sometimes 3 or 4, actually running in to each other. Its so disorganised. The players don't seem to understand their responsibilities, or those of their teammates, and panic. There's no structure, especially when we're out of possession. All the excuses about injuries and whatnot, that's no reason for being as poor as we were today. We had more than enough ability out there to avoid that result. Not to mention the horrendous set piece defending which is always direct from the training ground.
I agree, we have been riding our luck in most games but the results covered it. That luck was bound to run out and it did today. Things have got to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.