2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The players obviously get it and want to run into walls for him and hat speaks volume about him as a gaffa....

The last manager who had that response from a team here now has his current team doing the same in East London

Imagine raffa was here before koeman and Co and had the funds they was blessed with we would now be established top 6 mainstays

Getting ahead of myself a bit here, but....

...next 4 games we can win, then City away is a massive test.

I see us taking minimum 8/9 points from games against WHU (H) Watford (H) Wolves (A) Spurs (H) and possibly all 12.

A couple of games after City we reach the first derby. So by the start of December we can start to determine whether we stand a reasonable chance of European qualification (Europa League or more likely European Conference)...and we'll need a couple through the door in January to make that realistic.

I'm sure Benitez (realising how a club can completely fall apart for a period) has set the target at 40-45 points, but also set another target of 60 points if the inevitable rough patches we have are short in duration. 60 points will get us top 7 and Europe.

But I'd stress we are still learning to walk after the car crash that Ancelotti and his predecessors left here.

I see us taking minimum 8/9 points from games against WHU (H) Watford (H) Wolves (A) Spurs (H) and possibly all 12.

A couple of games after City we reach the first derby. So by the start of December we can start to determine whether we stand a reasonable chance of European qualification (Europa League or more likely European Conference)...and we'll need a couple through the door in January to make that realistic.

I'm sure Benitez (realising how a club can completely fall apart for a period) has set the target at 40-45 points, but also set another target of 60 points if the inevitable rough patches we have are short in duration. 60 points will get us top 7 and Europe.

But I'd stress we are still learning to walk after the car crash that Ancelotti and his predecessors left here.

I don't think I've ever seen a predicted fixture post and something positive ever happen.
Thanks dave W0 4L coming up.

I don't think I've ever seen a predicted fixture post and something positive ever happen.
Thanks dave W0 4L coming up.

This is the Benitez factor though. I'm convinced this feller has the ability to keep a club on track and avoid massive slumps. But he needs backing in January. That will be key. And if he isn't I could see politics entering into Everton off-field affairs, because that's just the way Benitez rolls. If he feels aggrieved over promises made and then broken all is lost and it will end in tears.

It realy is up to the Everton hierarchy now not to fail this manager.

This is the Benitez factor though. I'm convinced this feller has the ability to keep a club on track and avoid massive slumps. But he needs backing in January. That will be key. And if he isn't I could see politics entering into Everton off-field affairs, because that's just the way Benitez rolls. If he feels aggrieved over promises made and then broken all is lost and it will end in tears.

Backing it's what he needs, yes but he would be backed in summer, but FFP didn't allow that. I am not sure it would be easier on January. Sarcasticly, City don't have this problema altough they spend as drunken rich boy. Supose they have better accountant.

Agree with all that @davek I think it’s a question of getting to the transfer window and reassessing our ambitions. We desperately need cover in CM and a RB. Releasing the burden of James’ wages will hopefully allow us more flexibility in the window. However I’m genuinely excited what I’ve seen Benetiz do with this poor squad. A lot of players are out of contract next summer, hopefully if we’ve achieved European football, benetiz will then really be able to put his stamp on the side.

He is doing great, but working with some people of very mediocre calibre upstairs.

He needs money to invest, and freedom to spend it.

The more constraints on either of these things there are, the less likelihood over time of him turning us into a solid, progressive outfit.

The main thing is just being excited to watch Everton again.

Koemans 1st season was the last time I could say I was gutted if I missed a game (and that was largely down to Lukaku being an absolute machine that season).

The last 4 seasons since have been rotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.