2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will get a Europa League spot.

Well, we should do based on our first 11.

City, RS, United and Chelsea for top 4 and then we probably have the 5th or 6th best first 11 competing with Leicester and Arsenal.

Id say 5th or 6th this season.

…I always think 10 games is an indication of where we will finish, so perhaps a few sufferers of premature evaluation here.

Saying that, the acquisition of two conventional wingers is a major plus for the season and it’s encouraging that we are picking up points without an effective striker.
10games:
West Ham H
Watford H
Wolves A

13 games:
Spurs H
City A
Brentford A

For me, we'll need to see 13 games played (1/3 of the season) before getting an idea of what we can do this season.

I had us down for 14pts after 7 games and 24pts after 13 games.

That takes us to the Derby which will give a barometer of where we are.

10pts needed in the next 6 games...

City, RS, United and Chelsea for top 4 and then we probably have the 5th or 6th best first 11 competing with Leicester and Arsenal.

10games:
West Ham H
Watford H
Wolves A

13 games:
Spurs H
City A
Brentford A

For me, we'll need to see 13 games played (1/3 of the season) before getting an idea of what we can do this season.

My post earlier predicted 5-6 position for Everton.
and it can get better if Everton is around there in when the transfer when the transfer window opens - and if there is a drop of in form from the top 4 - ( especially if they are going well in the champions league) Everton might break into the top 4

10games:
West Ham H
Watford H
Wolves A

13 games:
Spurs H
City A
Brentford A

For me the top four are sealed.

After that we have:

Ourselves, Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs, Villa and Leicester. Who finishes where will be based on injuries (possibly hinderance from European competition), and an ability to get results against each other. Below that Leeds and Wolves who can change one week to the next.

We need our current "injury crisis" to be our last injury crisis. Richarlison and DCL coming into this squad could make us a lot stronger.

Great start so far. Allan/Doucoure staying fit is make or break for the season though, maybe we can get some midfield reinforcement in Jan
As much as Townsend & gray have been excellent, and they have , the work from these two has really facilitated that . Doucoure allowed off the leash to play more like the player we pursued and signed has got more of the plaudits but Allan is probably just as important.

At the start of the season you look at the team and think without Richarlison and DCL this is a very average team.

It’s a great credit to Benitez to get results without our best 2 players. Benitez got lucky with how the opening fixtures fell but you can’t argue with what he has done so far

However it is very early days and could also go wrong quickly. I think that even the people who still don’t want him will say if that if it does go wrong it won’t be due to a lack of effort on his part unlike some of our more recent managers

At the start of the season you look at the team and think without Richarlison and DCL this is a very average team.

It’s a great credit to Benitez to get results without our best 2 players. Benitez got lucky with how the opening fixtures fell but you can’t argue with what he has done so far

However it is very early days and could also go wrong quickly. I think that even the people who still don’t want him will say if that if it does go wrong it won’t be due to a lack of effort on his part unlike some of our more recent managers
Our midfield has been the issue for so long now. I can’t believe how they now play as a unit and work so hard for each other. Allan and Doucs really compliment each other and with the pace of Grey and Townsend we finally pose an actual threat. If the likes of Gordon can show further improvement then we have genuine alternatives when CL or Richy can’t play. Just need one of our young forwards to make the grade and we could really get somewhere.

I know it's just a draw but that result is up there when you take into context we started with Gordon and Rondon and then he brought up on Ronaldo and Sancho while 1-0 up.

Status
Not open for further replies.