2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time in so long I feel the club is creating an identity, especially under Koeman, Silva and Carlo I never truely grasped the reasoning around selection or tactics and it could be very quick to change.

Rafael is building a structure, both the players and supporters are buying into it. After years of constant change, it appears we’re finally set to have some continuity and can know what to expect. This is what really excites it and something I’ve been desperate to have from the club since Moyes left (outside of Martinez’s first season at the club).

Last edited:
The new style suits us much more. It feels much more resilient than last years system. I’m pretty confident that we won’t see the tail off like last we did season.
Started gret last season too.
The only thing that derailed us last season was the squad depth & not being able to cope with injuries.

Look at our bench ...its much the same.
We need a good run & fair slice of luck.

Great point today all considered.

Yet 8 months ago we claimed an even more difficult point at Old Trafford under another manager. 2-0 down at half time.

Yes we had DCL & Richy out today , but in the 3-3 draw we had no Pickford ,Yerry Mina or Allan.
So he's not the only one to get anything from Old Trafford.

There were also no fans in the ground that day and they didn’t have Cristiano Ronaldo or Varane.

2-0 down at half time Michael.
Took real guts to get that back , how many do that at Old Trafford.
Today was almost as goid.

We wouldn’t have come back if they had fans in the ground. Today was better because it was an actual away game and not a training session. We did it without a centre forward too.

Watching that goal today. Broke with purpose speed and hunger. Im used to watching other sides do that. I used to watching everton take 15 minutes to reach the halfway line on a break away.
Genuinely used to look at other sides and think why are we never ever that lethal.
Today i saw it. And i fcking love how quick lethal and clinical we were.
No more plodders.

We wouldn’t have come back if they had fans in the ground. Today was better because it was an actual away game and not a training session. We did it without a centre forward too.
Could say that for every game in every league around the world.
To go to Old Trafford and get a point in ANY circumstances is really very good.

Very little difference as regards players missing.
2 massive players missing today
2 massive players missing then...Allan & Mina.
Hahaha

Give over the side last year is much better.

Mina was available for that game he wasn't injured. You are saying no alan is equal to no James, Richarlison and Dominic Calvert Lewin.

Riiiiight.

Not to mention United spent 160 million since. Have Ronaldo. And we spent 1.7.

The shouts just get wilder.

Could say that for every game in every league around the world.
To go to Old Trafford and get a point in ANY circumstances is really very good.

We played a lot better today than we did in that game last season too by the way. Full value for the point today and should’ve won. Never threatened to win that game last season, had 3 moments in the game and spent the rest of it defending on our 6 yard line.

Status
Not open for further replies.