2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen the accounts? We are still probably paying Koeman and Silva off.

And what happens if Frank comes in and cant get a tune out of Iwobi or Davies and has 1 win in 5 when injuries kick in to key players - do we sack him as well?

Its just nonsense to be talking about sacking 9 games in when we are 8th in the table.

Put your knives down and give the fella a chance.
The people talking about sacking after yesterday never gave him a chance from day one, its crazy.

As you say he easily has 18 months simply because of the money we have wasted in the past, did they not notice we spent buttons in the summer, there is a reason for that, he really is going nowere. Besides nobody can give the name of a better option.
Besides, while i do think he did make mistakes yesterday, them players were a total disgrace, there errors being made when u17 level, he was going mental at times with Lucas in the second half, he almost went on the pitch such was his anger with him

While the spine of the team is injured the manager is the least of our problems

I don’t agree with it, it divided me. But it is what it is, we get behind the decision and we move on. Give him time, it’s only right. Everyone deserves a chance. His chances has been severely hampered. We all can agree on that? Surely?
That's fair and reasoned.

The evidence is however that this won't work. Why wait and let the club fall further back. Why would we want to continue something we know is inevitably not going to work? The longer we continue with this ludicrous appointment the harder it is to recover

All I want to hear from the Benitez fan club is an example of such a divisive appointment being a success. Where has a manager be so universally unpopular yet made significant improvements to a team which was previously so divided?

And also, why are you so confident that Benitez is the right man and can succeed despite the division at the club?

These are the reasons I do not support this manager but I am happy to debate on these points. The give it time for times sake argument is not an actual argument. I genuinely want to hear opinions why people think hes the right choice.

We could sack him, we won’t sack him, I wouldn’t sack him. I didn’t and don’t like the appointment but we’re a quarter of the way through the season and on track for his “acceptable” 8th placed position. We were skint transfer-wise, possibly still are January, so not sure how much better it will get till next Summer.

He must, however, do better in terms of managing the side mid-game as that’s two in a row he’s ignored very blatant problems on the pitch. We can moan about depth and injuries all we want but there are fixes there to be made.

Overseeing another hammering to a crap team though would swing it over the edge for most.

This just shows how brow beaten a fanbase we have become.
Accepting mid table as the norm cos its been this way for years.

If that was Chelsea he'd be sacked , no ifs or buts about it.

Even Watford wouldnt put up with it...christ.
Christ. He’s brought in two players who’s been our best players so far (minus Pickford for me who was koeman) and one being our worst and other for cover ( all for under 2million) base that on the other signings the other 3/4 managers brought in and money they used. Honestly think outside the box. Bloke is using scraps that’s not even his signings and spent nothing.

Christ. He’s brought in two players who’s been our best players so far (minus Pickford for me who was koeman) and one being our worst and other for cover ( all for under 2million) base that on the other signings the other 3/4 managers brought in and money they used. Honestly think outside the box. Bloke is using scraps that’s not even his signings and spent nothing.
Sack a manager every 2 games then that’s the new norm by the sounds of it mate.??

All I want to hear from the Benitez fan club is an example of such a divisive appointment being a success. Where has a manager be so universally unpopular yet made significant improvements to a team which was previously so divided?

And also, why are you so confident that Benitez is the right man and can succeed despite the division at the club?

These are the reasons I do not support this manager but I am happy to debate on these points. The give it time for times sake argument is not an actual argument. I genuinely want to hear opinions why people think hes the right choice.
First of all, using the term 'Benitez fan club' is wrong. Things aren't always love or hate - I have gotten to the point of being completely indifferent as to who the Everton manager is. After watching a multitude of completely different managers enter and exit the club in a variety of new and interesting ways, I merely wanted somebody to come in and make us a competitive football club again. If Rafael Benitez was to be that man then so be it.

Results like yesterday make me worry about whether he is capable of doing the job. I'm not sure if he is the man to organise this squad into some sort of workable unit but i'm willing to wait a bit and find out.

We've had so many false dawns over the past decade, excited and then frustrated and ultimately duped by Martinez, blinded by a flurry of signings by Koeman, the promise of a young attacking manager in Silva, a genuine world-class manager that shafted us in Ancelotti.

Christ i'm fed up with the whole thing - but most of us just want Everton to be good again - at any cost

First of all, using the term 'Benitez fan club' is wrong. Things aren't always love or hate - I have gotten to the point of being completely indifferent as to who the Everton manager is. After watching a multitude of completely different managers enter and exit the club in a variety of new and interesting ways, I merely wanted somebody to come in and make us a competitive football club again. If Rafael Benitez was to be that man then so be it.

Results like yesterday make me worry about whether he is capable of doing the job. I'm not sure if he is the man to organise this squad into some sort of workable unit but i'm willing to wait a bit and find out.

We've had so many false dawns over the past decade, excited and then frustrated and ultimately duped by Martinez, blinded by a flurry of signings by Koeman, the promise of a young attacking manager in Silva, a genuine world-class manager that shafted us in Ancelotti.

Christ i'm fed up with the whole thing - but most of us just want Everton to be good again - at any cost
We all want Everton to be good again but I can't ignore the facts. I'm yet to hear any example of a similar situation where such an unpopular choice turned out to be a success.

The evidence all suggests this can't work. Yesterday added to that evidence and actually added more areas of concern. Patience and stability only matter if you're on the right path. The evidence suggests we are on the wrong one so I think a U turn is sensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.