2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez hand picked him, gave him a two year contract and a big wage. Wasn't worth the gamble at all.

I keep trying to find reports that say otherwise but all I've seen still is that £90,000 per week figure and I really wouldn't be surprised.

He was on anywhere between 125k-200k p/wk in China, according to various sources.

Would he have taken more than a £35k pay cut?

As I say when he was installed the issue with appointing RB is that he has little credit so when we lose it just makes his departure more inevitable. We need stability not sure this was that appointment I hope he can prove me wrong the signs are now not good.

I would say our failure to sell players lands a lot on Brands, tbf.

We could have sold Kenny to Burnley in January but demanded £5m.

Fair enough but its just the same as say, Potter coming into the club or Moyes.

They come in, see the players, decide who will and wont fit and should move those unwanted players on.

Agree Brands cant sell players but surely SOMEONE would have come in for others...even if we had to split wages etc or lower fees.

Its incredible that were not selling players or extending contracts to further amortise fees and open up room to spend on obvious needs.

Forget Diaz, Dumfries, Patterson, AMN

There were other right backs out there and midfielders we could have gone for on loan.

As I say when he was installed the issue with appointing RB is that he has little credit so when we lose it just makes his departure more inevitable. We need stability not sure this was that appointment I hope he can prove me wrong the signs are now not good.

The hope is that Benitez is ruthless and sells half the squad in the next 2 windows.

We still have his shocking tactics though.

The fact he will be allowed to survive this shows the pathetic state of the club. I want everyone out from owner to manager to DOF to playing squad. We need to start again from scratch with people who want to win on the pitch and not PR campaigns and off the field awards. The club are a joke and I've had enough. Benitez being appointed is bad enough but this is the final straw.

Show some standards and find an identity. This club is a running joke.
This,

Top down.

Start again.

A lot sits with Mosh.

Fair enough but its just the same as say, Potter coming into the club or Moyes.

They come in, see the players, decide who will and wont fit and should move those unwanted players on.

Agree Brands cant sell players but surely SOMEONE would have come in for others...even if we had to split wages etc or lower fees.

Its incredible that were not selling players or extending contracts to further amortise fees and open up room to spend on obvious needs.

Forget Diaz, Dumfries, Patterson, AMN

There were other right backs out there and midfielders we could have gone for on loan.

I agree mate, and there were other strikers

The hope is that Benitez is ruthless and sells half the squad in the next 2 windows.

We still have his shocking tactics though.
My fear is he is a tactical dinosaur with his 4231 and his zonal marking... So will he get the time to turn this squad over? Agree that's what we need squad isn't good enough and on the evidence so far neither is another manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.