2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You say playing well. We were appalling first half vs Saints, appalling for 60 min vs Burnley, laboured against Leeds (only 30% possession ), largely toothless against United and beaten comprehensively by Villa. Only game we have played well is Brighton
Must be watching different games. I take it you enjoyed the football last season

Well firstly that's all bollox.

Secondly if that's the truth 'Everton that' is well and truelly out the window and have turned into the luckiest side in the world. As we can get 6 wins and two very good away draws. In first 10 games. While been crap and undeserving of it.

Its almost.... unbelievable!

You seem conflicted. Not for the 1st time.
The team got booed at half time vs the Saints. All of what I said is correct. If you wish to bury your head that's fine

The Liverpool connection is obviously part of it. But I could probably name 7 or 8 ex Liverpool managers I wouldn't object to managing Everton purely due to their personality or the fact they managed Liverpool. I was a bit young when Catterick was our manager but there have been a few Everton managers I didn't like for the same reasons. Lee, Allardyce and Koeman spring to mind. And none of them called us a little club.

I liked Gordon Lee. Unlucky not to have won some trophies with us- the 1977 robbery in the FAC SF, the League Cup final, and 4th in the league in 77/8.

You seem conflicted. Not for the 1st time.
The team got booed at half time vs the Saints. All of what I said is correct. If you wish to bury your head that's fine
Why should I give one boloc that the fans were unhappy with the performance first 45. As we normally do give a boo if it not going right. Benitez went and switched player positions at HT. Made a sub then we go 1-1... not happy still he made another sub immediately after the equaliser that was instrumental in getting it 2-1 and 3-1... he did this after his first 45 minutes of witnessing his new team play a competitive game.

The neck on you to bring Southampton before me.

Bring on the next example why we won but shouldn't have or why it was nothing to do with Benitez I dare you.

Didnt you enjoy being top of the league, number 1 single in the charts and getting into the quarter finals of the LC? I do hope we can repeat that cup run.....oh wait
Didn't enjoy the football at all to be honest especially towards end of season.was struggling to watch them on tv let alone if had of been able to attend. If played any slower would have come to a standstill.vastly clueless and overrated manager. Just being honest

I'm still not over the RB appointment and have resolved to watch the Indian Premier League in a bid to stave off the nagging voice telling me that football is important. Desperately trying to prolong the cricket season for as long as possible but after the T20 world cup that's going to be a tough ask.

As such I haven't watched a single full 90 yet but... 5th after 7 games with draws away from home at tough gigs in Leeds and Munterchester and (by all accounts) a 10 minute meltdown at Villa aside got to say that I am starting to think about watching football again and feigning interest in Everton once more.

TBF, looking at the fixtures we've had, should be where we are, but we all know with Everton should doesn't mean s**t. Probably an over achievement given the injuries too. Any coincidence that emblem of idle privilege and club mediocrity Gylfi Sh*itursson is absent and the tempo of the team has picked up?

Seems like a fair few tribal meltdowns on here like about RB but from a distance he looks like he's doing a job.

Also how good is Devdutt Paddikal? Will score upwards of 5,000 test runs imho

Why should I give one boloc that the fans were unhappy with the performance first 45. As we normally do give a boo if it not going right. Benitez went and switched player positions at HT. Made a sub then we go 1-1... not happy still he made another sub immediately after the equaliser that was instrumental in getting it 2-1 and 3-1... he did this after his first 45 minutes of witnessing his new team play a competitive game.

The neck on you to bring Southampton before me.

Bring on the next example why we won but shouldn't have or why it was nothing to do with Benitez I dare you.

Lol. I didn't dispute at some point during the games mentioned that we turned it round . The argument was we are playing consistently well, a point you have proven for me in your silly, ridiculous post

Lol. I didn't dispute at some point during the games mentioned that we turned it round . The argument was we are playing consistently well, a point you have proven for me in your silly, ridiculous post
Give Benitez the credit for the win and ill take your point...

Didn't enjoy the football at all to be honest especially towards end of season.was struggling to watch them on tv let alone if had of been able to attend. If played any slower would have come to a standstill.vastly clueless and overrated manager. Just being honest

Towards the end i agree. But we can only compare time period to time period. The football was better last season at this stage

2 shots on target ( 1 being the goal ) & 28% possession suggests its v true

Toothless??

BBC

Andros Townsend's second-half equaliser earned Everton a deserved point against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Rafael Benitez's men were unlucky to fall behind just before the break as Anthony Martial scored for the first time since February.

But Demarai Gray escaped the attentions of Fred and Aaron Wan-Bissaka as Everton countered from a United corner, setting up the attack which ended with Townsend driving a low shot into the corner from Abdoulaye Doucoure's lay-off.

Townsend celebrated in Cristiano Ronaldo-esque fashion. It was more than the man himself managed. Left on the bench after his injury-time winner against Villarreal on Wednesday, Ronaldo came on in the 57th minute but had minimal impact either before or after the equaliser.

Everton thought they had a winner four minutes from time but VAR intervened to rule Yerry Mina's tap-in out for offside.

The result completes a decidedly unimpressive run of home results for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team, who lost against Aston Villa seven days ago after being dumped out of the EFL Cup by West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.