2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you put the kettle on for a lad doing important work in your house. And don't stand there calling him a pig no matter what his past is.

Then your on my side Dan.

This is a decent analogy, I wouldn’t be showering that fella with adulation for simply doing the job he’s paid to do either.

I didn’t want Benitez here, I made that abundantly clear on here, however he is here because the owner of the club simply does what he wants and tbh, he isn’t getting sacked unless he have a disastrous season. So I think the best course of action for everyone would be to emotionally detach themselves from Benitez the man and just see how well he performs the job he’s being paid to do. I will form an opinion of him as an employee when I have seen sufficient evidence to support a judgement.

As a fanbase we’re too emotional and need to have cult figures and heroes to idolise or villains to despise with every fibre of our being, the concept of a person just being employed to do a job is lost on us a bit.

The hardest part of this thread is getting to grips with which side I want to align myself with, as there’s some massive helmets on both sides of the hyperbolic fence.
Hi mate, I would suggest that you either want to make Everton great again or become a quisling and join these foul sorts.

1632991212555.png

Support the team, do not become a part of the manager's cult!

Hi mate, I would suggest that you either want to make Everton great again or become a quisling and join these foul sorts.

View attachment 140448

I agree wholeheartedly with this Spadge, yet you always seem to throw me in with the cultists who want to make an idol out of him which makes me very sad.

On the other side of the fence there are people who despise him so much that they’re actually not supporting the team and get angry when we win, which is even more bizarre to me.

This is a decent analogy, I wouldn’t be showering that fella with adulation for simply doing the job he’s paid to do either.

I didn’t want Benitez here, I made that abundantly clear on here, however he is here because the owner of the club simply does what he wants and tbh, he isn’t getting sacked unless he have a disastrous season. So I think the best course of action for everyone would be to emotionally detach themselves from Benitez the man and just see how well he performs the job he’s being paid to do. I will form an opinion of him as an employee when I have seen sufficient evidence to support a judgement.

As a fanbase we’re too emotional and need to have cult figures and heroes to idolise or villains to despise with every fibre of our being, the concept of a person just being employed to do a job is lost on us a bit.
Fair points made. But anyone fighting for my club, representing it well and is trying his best gets me by the emotions. Doing well on all the fronts so far. And added bonus of good results helps.

The fact he is a former Liverpool legend who disrespected them to become a blue just makes it sweater for me.

View attachment 140448

You cannot separate a team from it's manager. The manager is the most important person at the club and his success is the success of the team and the club as a whole.

For those who do not like RB the comfort is that no manager, even the most successful, will not last forever but I do believe Evertonians can get used to RB being manager for at least five seasons if reasonably successful, certainly he will be manager going into the new stadium imo.

I agree wholeheartedly with this Spadge, yet you always seem to throw me in with the cultists who want to make an idol out of him which makes me very sad.

On the other side of the fence there are people who despise him so much that they’re actually not supporting the team and get angry when we win, which is even more bizarre to me.
Hi mate, you did lose your way but there is still time for your to repent. I believe you can do it and will be your advocate when the time comes.

The dark side of the farce is strong with Benitez.

Stay strong?

Probably the most sensible post I've read on here in a long, long time ;)

You cannot separate a team from it's manager. The manager is the most important person at the club and his success is the success of the team and the club as a whole.

For those who do not like RB the comfort is that no manager, even the most successful, will not last forever but I do believe Evertonians can get used to RB being manager for at least five seasons if reasonably successful, certainly he will be manager going into the new stadium imo.
Thanks for this mate. Once I managed to cut through the blubber I could see the faint glimmer of a dying light.?

The most important person at the club is the owner as they ultimately pay for the players or not, and define the club's strategy and direction of travel. Managers are transient like buses at the old bubbles bus stop or the celestial bodies of the Kuiper Belt.

Managers deliver the tactics, the style of play, or the method to achieve the strategy. It is ultimately up to the players to deliver the strategy. One of the main roles of the manager is to pick the players who are on the team and on the bench - or in some cases frozen out.

If you want to make Everton great again it is your job to support the players on the pitch.

It is also the fans who as the key stakeholders have the right and duty to let the manager and owner know when things are not quite right or something is clearly wrong. The fan base is the core and heart of the club.

It must be understood that Kopite spies exist. Once a spy has been established successfully, they can be assigned to specific assignments. These assignments will be to attack potential, such as good players and the like, to support the promotion of those not up to the task and to confuse @Joey66 and @matty1878

These are dangerous times and we all need to remain strong and keep watching this space.

God bless you. RYAW ?

This man is still a shameless clown not worthy of the glory of Everton

but I hope he succeeds despite his massive ineptitude

let’s go clown. You can do it!

This man is still a shameless clown not worthy of the glory of Everton

but I hope he succeeds despite his massive ineptitude

let’s go clown. You can do it!
Now now tofee, in my culture we put the kettle on when a guest is in your house doing your drains. Especially if your an Evertonian. We don't call him a pig and a clown while he is stopping water flooding down the stairs.

I put the kettle on and put on a 3 course meal when you came into our world as a guest.

Gowan tofee, put the kettle on?

You're an Evertonian.

Status
Not open for further replies.