2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is what I can't get my head around. You and many others treat Benitez like he is something the cat dragged in. He's won major trophies and signed brilliant players his whole career. He is ten times the manager Martinez or Silva where, five times better than Allardyce and Moyes, he's been one of the top five managers in the world these last 20 years.
What are you talking about? I have not said anything about Benitez!

I do have an issue with you weirdly stating he is our best manager for 40 years though. It's an idiotic statement as he has been here for 6 games and has not been as successful in his career as our last manager.

Bringing up Martinez, Moyes etc is completely irrelevant as that is not what you said. If you said he is a good manager and better than some of the others we have had lately then that's a totally fair point.

Saying he is the best and one of the top 5 in the past 20 years who has signed brilliant players his whole career is just hyperbolic nonsense that makes you sound like a bit of a weirdo (or worse...). I know some people are over egging it as a gimmick, I don't know if you are...

Koeman after yes, not when he came though, the Evertonians back the club, they back the manager, he always gets 100% support
C5r455MWAAA6CWF.jpg

What are you talking about? I have not said anything about Benitez!

I do have an issue with you weirdly stating he is our best manager for 40 years though. It's an idiotic statement as he has been here for 6 games and has not been as successful in his career as our last manager.

Bringing up Martinez, Moyes etc is completely irrelevant as that is not what you said. If you said he is a good manager and better than some of the others we have had lately then that's a totally fair point.

Saying he is the best and one of the top 5 in the past 20 years who has signed brilliant players his whole career is just hyperbolic nonsense that makes you sound like a bit of a weirdo (or worse...). I know some people are over egging it as a gimmick, I don't know if you are...
if Tuchel moved to Crewe, and their fans said 'wow, we've never had a manager this good'. Would you be on the blower, 'NO! he's proved nothing!'

this is what I can't get my head around. You and many others treat Benitez like he is something the cat dragged in. He's won major trophies and signed brilliant players his whole career. He is ten times the manager Martinez or Silva where, five times better than Allardyce and Moyes, he's been one of the top five managers in the world these last 20 years.
We need to remember he is doing us a favor by being here, a mid table club with a top manager, if he didn't live local we wouldn't of stood a chance of getting him.

Pretty certain it was a WUM post and you've just given him what he wants to be honest

Either that or he needs to lay off the cooking sherry when he eats his breakfast
Mate I honestly try not to reply or even post , I swear I do as I know at Least half the posters are on a wind up and it really isn’t good for my overall mental health .

Oddly enough, Robero Martinez is the top candidate to take over for Koeman. Moyes became manager of Manchester United, Roberto Martinez possibly to Barcelona to replace former Everton manager Koeman, Ancelotti is manager of Real Madrid. Benitez has coached Valencia, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Napoli, among others. Silva and Allardyce are the two outliers here. Obviously most managers here have a good reputation, but succeeding at Everton is very difficult.

….it’s crazy, the Benitez luvvies think he’s the personification of the club. Personally, I just wish we could concentrate on the footy and forget about him.

i don’t want him here but I haven’t criticised him. Amazing that a few posters seem to idolise him & I have no reason to understand why.
They are right though. Benitez and this club are one and the same. Notable only for their charitable work off the field whilst wandering in the wilderness, on the field.
A marriage made in heaven/ hell (delete as applicable)

Go easy mate, those pills you took are starting to kick in.

I'm just trying to illustrate that it is possible to have the view that a manager is the best one we've had, at the start of his tenure
You can have any view you want. It doesn't make it right.

Your point would have been stronger had you not used such a wild timescale. 20 years even if you are going off the whole potential to be good for us thing. Even then his CV does not stand up next to Ancelotti's does it?

I feel that in your defence of him (which is commendable) you are saying really crazy things that totally negate your point. You are not the only one doing this either. You are allowed to be cautiously optimistic about him without deifying him. Find a good middle ground!

But that would be the same for any manager here be it Carlo Ancelotti or Marco Silva.

Which is why the likes of myself have been saying get behind Benitez as there is no shiny golden ticket waiting to take his job and have us in the top 4 with this sorry squad.
It is ye, and they ultimately got the chop for being poo ( well silva did ) but if his name wasn't Carlo ancelotti I think he would have been shown that door as well.

The problem you are having FB is you can't just say yer it's been a decent start im prepared to get behind him bla bla it's all a bit over the top trying to defend him, what it seems like to me anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.