2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not?
Better manager all around, both tactically and inspirationally.
Less of a rampant ego, more of an adult., doesn't lie constantly.
Proper grown up manager which is reflected in his Trophy haul, and the fact that big teams like Real Madrid want him to return.
Tactically it has already been proven in he league that he is not a better manager do you not rememeber his substitutions or lack of them when we were struggling last season
Doesnt lie constatntly????Am i right or wrong when I seem to remember him A) renaging on the contract he signed with the club.B) tellingthe supporters how he would lead the club into the new stadium
Proper grown up manager????? He couldnt cope with the struggles of trying to build a team to cope with the best standard of football in the world, choosing instead to walk out midway through his contract.

Tactically it has already been proven in he league that he is not a better manager do you not rememeber his substitutions or lack of them when we were struggling last season
Doesnt lie constatntly????Am i right or wrong when I seem to remember him A) renaging on the contract he signed with the club.B) tellingthe supporters how he would lead the club into the new stadium
Proper grown up manager????? He couldnt cope with the struggles of trying to build a team to cope with the best standard of football in the world, choosing instead to walk out midway through his contract.
This is spot on, even when he was at Chelsea he was known for not being able to change a game with subs, Jason Cundy was talking about it on Talk Sport when we were at our worst last season how was wasnt changing games with us and his in game management was poor even back then with Chelsea, it was either start great and win or bust.
Rafael has allready shown his ability to change a game is brilliant.

Why not?
Proper grown up manager which is reflected in his Trophy haul, and the fact that big teams like Real Madrid want him to return.
I doubt that you even believe half of that.

Those are arguments I doubt you would make on behalf of Carlo if they were not being made against RB.

I liked Carlo and supported him as much as anybody but there are some things about him that left a sour taste in the mouth.

The manner of his leaving.
Hi total inability to get the team to win at home against the poorest opposition in the league.
His preferential treatment and excuse making for James after he lost interest from Christmas onwards.

Why not?

This is spot on, even when he was at Chelsea he was known for not being able to change a game with subs, Jason Cundy was talking about it on Talk Sport when we were at our worst last season how was wasnt changing games with us and his in game management was poor even back then with Chelsea, it was either start great and win or bust.
Rafael has allready shown his ability to change a game is brilliant.
Truth lies somewhere in between. With Carlo I always felt he could make the changes needed to see out a game from a winning position. I.e. defensive ones.

I don't, however, really recall a consistent ability to make changes that pushed us on to the win from drawing or to come from behind. That mad Man Utd game maybe, but that felt more like chucking players on in hope.

Benitez, so far, has made adjustments at half time to win games.

Last edited:

Has it?? lol lol lol in what way?
I' d much prefer Carlo's trophy cabinet, reputation and memories to Bullplop Bennys

I remember him playing 4 CB's across the back and being lambasted by some about it, and now I'd be very surprised if Ballsack Benny dosen't do the same. I also remember a couple of weeks back when the Raff Zeppelin set us up with a disastrous back three for a laugh and refused to change it until the 60 min mark.
Both managers have been screwed by the lack of depth in the squad with performances dropping off as the injuries stack up, but we were scoring more under Carlos in the first half of last season when he had his choice of players.
Yeah, perhaps his home form wasn't great, but the away form made up for than and showed what the squad could do.
Ultimately I fear you may just be blinded by the light shining out of Bigtitez' arse.

a bunch of points based around him being offered a return to the biggest job in Football and him taking the opportunity, after a first stint there where he won everything, broke records and was loved by the support. The same job TesticleTez was fired from after only 7 months after screwing over Hammy Rodz' career and falling out with everyone else.

Last edited:

I think you get the answer to this when you hear what previous players say about the two different managers. Ancelotti is usually praised for his leadership qualities, while Benitez is most often praised for his knowledge of football.

If I were the owner of Galcticos I would have preferred Ancelotti. Had I been the owner of a club that did not have a financial advantage over its competitors, and had to find other ways to compete with its opponents, I would have hired Benitez. But most of all, I would hire Potter - regardless of club.

Oooo..

Benitez on January plans​

"The idea and the plan was very clear before, and we couldn't do it for different reasons. I can read the newspapers, I can watch the TV but especially the local newspapers and know what fans want. Hopefully, we can be ready for the next transfer window."

Status
Not open for further replies.