2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Benitez a great manager? I would agree at Valencia, maybe at Liverpool, maybe at Chelsea, not really sure I would agree at Newcastle, Napoli, nor Inter, nor in China.

How can you not say he was a great manager at Liverpool.

He obviously did something right at Napoli considering De Laurentis has approached him twice since and offered him a Director role there. He took them further in Europe than any of their managers for 20 + years and hasn't been bettered since. Won 2 trophies 1 of which they hadn't won for nearly 25 years. Established a team that they reaped rewards from for half a decade.

In China he took Dalian to their highest ever finish. His remit was to stay in the division, he did that twice. He's also still an ambassador of their club and is overseeing their academy.

At Chelsea he finished 3rd and won the Europa League. Job done.

He kept Newcastle in the Premier league for 2 years and took them back up at first time of asking. Job done..

Inter and Real are the only blips.

Depends. If this injurycrisis ends in October, I would hope eighth. If he gets a next season he should get us to the EL.
That's progress to me.
I fear though the board might sell without replacing this summer...
If all we are aiming for is 8th, was Rafael really the only manager that could have achieved this limited target?

It is a great point, what about Martinez and the FA cup plus relegated? Imho Benitez has missed a golden opportunity to win over the fans. Again it is subjective as to what is a great manager? Is it managing a great club? Then Koeman is a great manager. Is it winning the champions League? Then Roberto Di Matteo is a great manager.

Koeman has won trophies with different clubs. As we know some managers fair better with different clubs. Koeman is excellent in Holland, not so good elsewhere.

DiMatteo hasn't managed a team for over 5 years. He was sacked from his last 2 clubs. He's terrible.

Martinez won the FA Cup with Wigan. That's astounding. He also helped lay the foundations for Rodgers at Swansea. He created an impressive team here and finished 3rd in the World Cup. He's quietly a very good manager.

BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS.
Thats it. The building blocks of success.
If all we are aiming for is 8th, was Rafael really the only manager that could have achieved this limited target?
First season only. The only way is up, should be for any manager.
Its not only league position. It way we play. Finishing the season strong with a system in place and some top six scalps would also help.

I hope he does really well and makes us a force again.

I think he will. Even though he hasn't spent a lot, his signings have been very shrewd. I've seen on a lot of forums, people are talking about Gray being the transfer of the season.

The players are working harder, they are praising him in public.

I think we will be in European places or have a cup win within 3 seasons, if not both.

Wasnt it 6 goals and 11 assists over a 20 odd game Everton career in all competitions, Iwobi isn't likely to return that over a 5 year contract.
No, 6 goals and 5 ass=ists.

Plkease stop talking about this feller as if we've sold on another Wayne Rooney. I doint know how good he was once upon a time, but right now he's nearer Tom Cleverley than Wayne Roonet talen wise.

How can you not say he was a great manager at Liverpool.

He obviously did something right at Napoli considering De Laurentis has approached him twice since and offered him a Director role there. He took them further in Europe than any of their managers for 20 + years and hasn't been bettered since. Won 2 trophies 1 of which they hadn't won for nearly 25 years. Established a team that they reaped rewards from for half a decade.

In China he took Dalian to their highest ever finish. His remit was to stay in the division, he did that twice. He's also still an ambassador of their club and is overseeing their academy.

At Chelsea he finished 3rd and won the Europa League. Job done.

He kept Newcastle in the Premier league for 2 years and took them back up at first time of asking. Job done..

Inter and Real are the only blips.
Why are we paying him £7m a year then mate?

Plkease stop talking about this feller as if we've sold on another Wayne Rooney. I doint know how good he was once upon a time, but right now he's nearer Tom Cleverley than Wayne Roonet talen wise.
8 assists, David, in all comps.

Unless our wins in the cup now don't count as wins since we got beaten on Tuesday.

Simply put its a crime against the beauty of the game mate. This was once a club that was home for creative mavericks, its incumbent on us all to promote those historical values and promote the culture of the club, even if the club is intent on disconnecting with it, with every passing action. Yet in our minds we are free, we know, this is not Everton.

No conformity to a culture forced on top of us by a manger who doesn't know us and really doesn't really want to, he will turn us into what he once described us as - that is his idea of Everton.

Stay Strong Freedom Fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.