2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
26 appearances.

Created 54 chances for us last year. Second-most in the squad, behind GS (also not here) - who was on 60. James played 18 games less. That's your difference.

38 chances from open play - the most in our squad, despite playing 26 games
14 big chances - most in our squad
11 big chances in the league, when split per 90 mins, rank him sixth in the entire Premier League last season (for comparison, Bruno Fernandes and Grealish were ranked joint-fifth)

Agree but context is needed. Despite the injuries and resting players (which is 100 per cent down to Benitez) we should be progressing to the next round but some of the comments are trying to make out that we were hammered by QPR. Benitez obviously thought he could rest more players and we had good enough players to come in (hopefully he has learnt we haven't) and a draw at the end of 90 mins was a fair result. Then we lost on pens. I am not here to defend Benitez, I am just commenting on the performances of the club I support and to date, so far this season in my opinion, the performances have been an improvement on the end of last season. Even if people are not enjoying the football, (which again in my opinion is an improvement on the end of last season), I find it rather sad to be nit picking anything they can to create an agenda against the manager that they do not like. If they are that upset about him being manager, then best to channel their energy elsewhere and go and support somebody else.
It's a great post, I would be intrigued on how a manager's performance is assessed? Is it on the club's past achievements? The managers own past or targets?

Agree but context is needed. Despite the injuries and resting players (which is 100 per cent down to Benitez) we should be progressing to the next round but some of the comments are trying to make out that we were hammered by QPR. Benitez obviously thought he could rest more players and we had good enough players to come in (hopefully he has learnt we haven't) and a draw at the end of 90 mins was a fair result. Then we lost on pens. I am not here to defend Benitez, I am just commenting on the performances of the club I support and to date, so far this season in my opinion, the performances have been an improvement on the end of last season. Even if people are not enjoying the football, (which again in my opinion is an improvement on the end of last season), I find it rather sad to be nit picking anything they can to create an agenda against the manager that they do not like. If they are that upset about him being manager, then best to channel their energy elsewhere and go and support somebody else.
Why should they do that like? It's each and every persons own individual choice, with regards to whether they wish to be a glass half empty, or glass half full kind of fan. I don't think it would be appropriate for me or anyone else, to tell another Everton fan what to do.

Created 54 chances for us last year. Second-most in the squad, behind GS (also not here) - who was on 60. James played 18 games less. That's your difference.

38 chances from open play - the most in our squad, despite playing 26 games
14 big chances - most in our squad
11 big chances in the league, when split per 90 mins, rank him sixth in the entire Premier League last season (for comparison, Bruno Fernandes and Grealish were ranked joint-fifth)

To be fair Toff they are impressive stats, but did he run around a lot? At the end of the day that matters more than impressive stats. :D

It was 6 goal and 8 assists over all competitions.

6 goals and 9 assists in a 26 game Everton career so essentially 15 direct contributions to goal scoring in 26 games, that is very good ratio. Before you look at indirect contributions, assisting the assister etc.

Why should they do that like? It's each and every persons own individual choice, with regards to whether they wish to be a glass half empty, or glass half full kind of fan. I don't think it would be appropriate for me or anyone else, to tell another Everton fan what to do.
Totally agree, if people don't like an opinion just ignore it. It is nothing to get upset by, unless the language used is unwarranted. Some people like the manager, some don't. No big deal.

It's a great post, I would be intrigued on how a manager's performance is assessed? Is it on the club's past achievements? The managers own past or targets?
I'd judge him on the games he got with a (more or less) fit squad. In those games, we should have enough to see off most opposition and play some decent football.
If he cant do that..... He should be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.