2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a massive 3 points in front of the home crowd for him today and I'm made up for all the Blues who went and who can get behind him.

But I won't be engaging in any celebrations, I won't be jumping on any bandwagon because of 1 win. Everton have well and truly finished me off so I think it's right that I don't comment on Evertons match threads.

My lads made up with 3 points so I'm made up for him.

I don't want Everton to lose any match and that sentiment stands whilst a man I have no respect for is in charge. But as and when we do lose, I certainly won't be invested as much as I have been for nearly 40 years supporting Everton.

It shouldn't be "Everton win so laugh at the ones against Benitez" just like it shouldn't be "Everton lose, I told you not to support Benitez".

It's divided a lot of fans ( myself included ) but I've still got mates who went today and fair play to them, I hope every weekend brings them 3 points and a win.

Balanced view there, fair enough. I don't lean one way or the other on the man myself.

What would your opinion be if we went on a good run this season and got 5th/4th etc.? Would you be celebrating or just happy for the club + us who are getting behind it?

It’s a tough one mate for sure.
Reds waiting to go 3-0 up at Anfield against us and start singing his song..

There is a flip side to that..

What if we are 3-0 up with time up and start singing it ??

I don’t think he should be our manager, but….

Of course mate, 20 Derby wins on the spin against that lot and I'd be able to turn around and say "great decision from the board".

But everything Everton have done this summer in particular has absolutely drilled me into the ground. He shouldn't be manager of Everton Football Club imo.....but there's people on Evertons board who shouldn't be either and theirs a squad who have absolutely threw in the towel time after time who shouldn't be at this club.

Luckily, my opinion means sod all and affects no one but myself ;)

Balanced view there, fair enough. I don't lean one way or the other on the man myself.

What would your opinion be if we went on a good run this season and got 5th/4th etc.? Would you be celebrating or just happy for the club + us who are getting behind it?

Just happy for all the fans who get behind it and happy for the club mate. I wouldn't be a part of that as I've made my decision and I won't then try and jump in and embrace it.

If I took any comment seriously from my lifelong red mates and vice versa over the years we wouldn't be mates. I would have missed out on so much joy and not had any support in certain hours of need in my life or been there for them in similar situations.
My mates who are Reds ‘know’ when is the time for piss taking.
I also know when it’s the time..

Of course mate, 20 Derby wins on the spin against that lot and I'd be able to turn around and say "great decision from the board".

But everything Everton have done this summer in particular has absolutely drilled me into the ground. He shouldn't be manager of Everton Football Club imo.....but there's people on Evertons board who shouldn't be either and theirs a squad who have absolutely threw in the towel time after time who shouldn't be at this club.

Luckily, my opinion means sod all and affects no one but myself ;)

and me ;)

Just happy for all the fans who get behind it and happy for the club mate. I wouldn't be a part of that as I've made my decision and I won't then try and jump in and embrace it.
Fair enough like, I get some don't/can't get behind him for obvious reasons at least you're going about it in the right way happy for others that do not discouraging them

Fair enough like, I get some don't/can't get behind him for obvious reasons at least you're going about it in the right way happy for others that do not discouraging them

It has to be a personal choice as an Evertonian mate. We are all Evertonians and we either accept the direction the club takes or we disagree with it.

Just opinions isn't it. I've nearly jumped into about 5000 threads since he's been appointed but tried to stay out of it for the better lol

Status
Not open for further replies.