2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To sack or not to sack that is the question.

Well like 99% of the posters I agree that the decision to appoint him was crazy .

As well as tactics of the stone age he seems he'll bent on alienating every talented player that we have presumably so it wi make it easier to justify flogging them so that he gets his transfer budget.

Moshiri has gifted him this opportunity by giving him complete control, madness.

With our perilous financial position I don't believe that we can allow him to spend money in the transfer window only to subsequently sack him.

So , there are a number of choices now;

1. Get rid before January and replace with a permanent new guy and allow him to bring in players in January.

2. Replace with a caretaker , but if you do that what do you do about signings in the absence of a director of football?

3. Calculate that as bad as Benitez is we probably won't go down , leave him in place but only allow him to bring in loan players in January so that we can get rid in the summer and start the rebuild then.

I suspect that option 3 will be the most palatable to Moshiri. If he allows Benitez to spend money in January it will be madness.

They aren’t my heroes, I’ve no time for the vast majority of the them but a divisive manager with an appalling win record and whose actual wins usual saw us play well for about 10 mins is I’m afraid not the answer to our ills.

I never wanted him and felt this was my inevitable but hoped he’d win more than he’d lose , in reality it looks like it’ll go down as many of us thought it would probably the worst appointment in the clubs history .

If we change it and the new manager wins 2 in the next 8 or whatever then incredibly he’s doing better than this charlatan. The damage from his reign unfortunately might take longer to fix .
The next manager will also be divisive. Those who "got their way" with Benitez will be held to the same standard when the new man struggles - which he will with these players. 2 wins in 8 won't keep the wolf from the door if that's all the new manager bounce is going to bring and reality soon reasserts itself. If Moshiri was going to appoint Benitez, knowing it would provoke a significant backlash from a section of the fanbase, he then had to double-down on his support for what was his man. Instead, he tends to veer with the prevailing winds and loses the courage of his convictions. If he sacks the unloved Benitez now, he has once again failed to follow though and has shown himself to not only possess poor judgment (if one doesn't rate Benitez), but to be weak and fickle. He's been disastrous as an owner.

The next manager will also be divisive. Those who "got their way" with Benitez will be held to the same standard when the new man struggles - which he will with these players. 2 wins in 8 won't keep the wolf from the door if that's all the new manager bounce is going to bring and reality soon reasserts itself. If Moshiri was going to appoint Benitez, knowing it would provoke a significant backlash from a section of the fanbase, he then had to double-down on his support for what was his man. Instead, he tends to veer with the prevailing winds and loses the courage of his convictions. If he sacks the unloved Benitez now, he has once again failed to follow though and has shown himself to not only possess poor judgment (if one doesn't rate Benitez), but to be weak and fickle. He's been disastrous as an owner.
I’ve watched Everton for over 40 odd nearly 50 years and nobody has been as divisive as this bloke nor will they ever be . Unless he was our greatest ever manager pretty much everyone knew we’d be here by now with a reaction like he got yesterday.

I won’t argue on your opinions on the owner but anyone else would get a different reaction to their tenure and the journey would be different the man has zero good will and understandably so , that’s before we factor in the fact he’s doing a crap job. The only time our managers name has been sung at goodison is by our rivals as they battered us , If that doesn’t tell a story nothing does

A2C9A32C-105E-4EFD-A391-FB19AEE41B2C.jpeg

I think the Rubicon was crossed yesterday, the away fans were chanting against the manager and very definitely took Richarlison’s side regarding his displeasure at his substitution. It will not have gone unnoticed by this set of players. I think it has only been their uncertainty about the possible reaction of the fans that has, to some extent, prevented them from trying to throw Benitez under the bus. Now, I think they will feel that the crowd will take their side if more open dissent towards the manager is shown.

The modern day footballer has much more power than the modern day manager, Benitez is trying his power play, but, I think that after the fans reaction yesterday, the tide has turned. Whilst I am no lover of player power, in this case I will make an exception. We really need to send a message to our Iranian overlord that his scattergun approach to the club is in danger of sinking us.

There is so much more than the manager wrong with the club at the moment, but, the manager is the problem that most urgently needs addressing and the one most easily addressed.

Not once as the fans sang a song for Raffa not once since he has been here apart from yesterday, when the away fans turn on you that is it.

So Moshiri needs to act now before Goodison becomes very toxic ie Sunday, hopefully Moshiri will be there in person

To sack or not to sack that is the question.

Well like 99% of the posters I agree that the decision to appoint him was crazy .

As well as tactics of the stone age he seems he'll bent on alienating every talented player that we have presumably so it wi make it easier to justify flogging them so that he gets his transfer budget.

Moshiri has gifted him this opportunity by giving him complete control, madness.

With our perilous financial position I don't believe that we can allow him to spend money in the transfer window only to subsequently sack him.

So , there are a number of choices now;

1. Get rid before January and replace with a permanent new guy and allow him to bring in players in January.

2. Replace with a caretaker , but if you do that what do you do about signings in the absence of a director of football?

3. Calculate that as bad as Benitez is we probably won't go down , leave him in place but only allow him to bring in loan players in January so that we can get rid in the summer and start the rebuild then.

I suspect that option 3 will be the most palatable to Moshiri. If he allows Benitez to spend money in January it will be madness.

I think it will be 3. I think this season is a frustrating season to watch. we still have 22 more games to go and it's going to feel like eternity.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.