2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To sack or not to sack that is the question.

Well like 99% of the posters I agree that the decision to appoint him was crazy .

As well as tactics of the stone age he seems he'll bent on alienating every talented player that we have presumably so it wi make it easier to justify flogging them so that he gets his transfer budget.

Moshiri has gifted him this opportunity by giving him complete control, madness.

With our perilous financial position I don't believe that we can allow him to spend money in the transfer window only to subsequently sack him.

So , there are a number of choices now;

1. Get rid before January and replace with a permanent new guy and allow him to bring in players in January.

2. Replace with a caretaker , but if you do that what do you do about signings in the absence of a director of football?

3. Calculate that as bad as Benitez is we probably won't go down , leave him in place but only allow him to bring in loan players in January so that we can get rid in the summer and start the rebuild then.

I suspect that option 3 will be the most palatable to Moshiri. If he allows Benitez to spend money in January it will be madness.
I hate it when people talk sense, as much as I hate what’s happening, the dull passive football and the way in which I want to put my foot through the tv when Rafael explains why we were absolute garbage after the match option 3 is the only real option (there I said it).

I HATE THIS CLUB

Well he had 2 wins in 12 is it. Time to go. Wednesday a loss so 2 in 13 no other team would put up with that

Nah, Benitez will be telling anyone within earshot of him that yesterday was his 1st loss in 2.

That win against Arsenal means he gets to press the reset button.

Just you wait until we get DCL and Mina back mate, CL togger is basically a formality

Nah, Benitez will be telling anyone within earshot of him that yesterday was his 1st loss in 2.

That win against Arsenal means he gets to press the reset button.

Just you wait until we get DCL and Mina back mate, CL togger is basically a formality
More worried about the fact he alienating our best player, forcing them to leave and leaving us up the creak.

If only that would end the misery. People are deluding themselves that this can only get better. Ha! It really won't. I don't think Benitez can succeed now. I hoped he would, but he seems to be flailing around trying to get something out of this group of charlatan players that he has largely inherited. The reality is we need a manager who can convince these players that they've got a future here, get the best out of them for the season, and then ruthlessly cull them all in the summer. That requires a sleight of hand that few managers possess, and those that do are unlikely to be lowering their sights to Everton. No, I suspect our pain is only beginning.
A month ago or so I said “would another coach be getting more out of our players” and I said no.

Yesterday I think if you swapped five minutes before kickoff the fellow in the other dugout wins the game with our XI vs Rafael withbPalaces.

Anyone still asking "what did you expect this season?" needs to have their head examined. I'd written this season off as we went into it, I would've just accepted another glaringly mediocre season to put alongside all the others. Instead we're now looking at a serious battle to avoid relegation with one win in ten and under the stewardship of a total dinosaur of a manager that is hated by the vast majority of the fanbase and is fast falling out with every half decent player still on our books. The longer we drag this out the worse it will get.

Woke up, still feel angry. Still feel annoyed this inept fool is our manager, and still feel annoyed that people defend him. We deserve to be crap because we tolerate crap and don't stand up for the values of the club. We've allowed our club to be used as a toy by someone who hasn't one single idea about football.

Every day this man remains our manager, is another day further away from being competitive. It's already an enormous job for the next manager but persisting with this joke of a manager will make it impossible. He is destroying the club. If he loves confrontation and conflict so much then he should go into politics instead and stop pretending he's still a competent football manager.

Woke up, still feel angry. Still feel annoyed this inept fool is our manager, and still feel annoyed that people defend him. We deserve to be crap because we tolerate crap and don't stand up for the values of the club. We've allowed our club to be used as a toy by someone who hasn't one single idea about football.

Every day this man remains our manager, is another day further away from being competitive. It's already an enormous job for the next manager but persisting with this joke of a manager will make it impossible. He is destroying the club. If he loves confrontation and conflict so much then he should go into politics instead and stop pretending he's still a competent football manager.

…to be fair, Tim, there aren’t many defending him & probably only 4 or 5 regular posters that are not infiltrators.

i have concluded that if you consider the broader views of those few posters, they are not worth getting annoyed about.

Status
Not open for further replies.