Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you go for.

We talking about a CB?

We need a whole new defence the way things are going - RB, LB, CB.

Godfrey and Keane will no doubt be long term (don't rate either of them), so it'll be a case of turfing out Holgate and Mina, promoting Branthwaite (although his contract is up end of the season).

Mattiaus Ginter from Gladbach
Romangoli from AC (who we're linked with for £20mill)

Both end of their contract, under 30.

Who would you go for.

Given the need to try and be creative with the finances, there's a lad you might not have seen loads of called John Brooks who plays for Wolfsburg. He's 28, will be 29 before the end of the season. He's a German-born USA international with nearly 50 caps. 6ft 4, left-footed and has lovely distribution. He's a big earner (£70k pw or so at Wolfsburg) but is out of contract this summer and doesn't appear likely to sign a new deal as Wolfsburg want him to take a pay cut. I wouldn't usually advocate signing players as old as this, but if we are talking a cut price fee in Jan then there's maybe some value in that one. I'm sure there are others, but this is the sort of thing I mean. Have to be creative somehow.

Given the need to try and be creative with the finances, there's a lad you might not have seen loads of called John Brooks who plays for Wolfsburg. He's 28, will be 29 before the end of the season. He's a German-born USA international with nearly 50 caps. 6ft 4, left-footed and has lovely distribution. He's a big earner (£70k pw or so at Wolfsburg) but is out of contract this summer and doesn't appear likely to sign a new deal as Wolfsburg want him to take a pay cut. I wouldn't usually advocate signing players as old as this, but if we are talking a cut price fee in Jan then there's maybe some value in that one. I'm sure there are others, but this is the sort of thing I mean. Have to be creative somehow.

The Bundesliga has brought through lots of good CBs that slotted in over here. I lost touch with it this season because of BT Sport ditching it.

Pretty safe to say he'll be here for at least this season and next summer. The next department to be nervous will be the scouting department and followed by the academy in the summer. Kenwright will do well to stay away from meddling in any football related decisions or I can see him as the next "big name" to go.

Pretty safe to say he'll be here for at least this season and next summer. The next department to be nervous will be the scouting department and followed by the academy in the summer. Kenwright will do well to stay away from meddling in any football related decisions or I can see him as the next "big name" to go.
That all sounds horrible. We shouldn’t be giving this kopite dinosaur any time or control whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.