2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defence/CM is an issue but its been that way for years when we do play a bit more open.

People laugh at the £1.7m thing but for me it holds water as we dont know what the team will be like with his own players.

If he was to bring in a Gana Type next to Doucoure, 2x full backs who can actually defend and a fully fit Yerry Mina Type who knows his system could be sound with his own players.

Gray's come in and done great, Townsend is a solid squad player who'll put a few good crosses on a plate for DCL when he's back so its all about patience for me.

I dont understand why we aint willing to give this fella or anyone else 2-3 seasons after the sheer instability of the last 6 or so years.

We literally have nothing to lose!

If you don't really don't understand you need to take a hard look at yourself

The defence/CM is an issue but its been that way for years when we do play a bit more open.

People laugh at the £1.7m thing but for me it holds water as we dont know what the team will be like with his own players.

If he was to bring in a Gana Type next to Doucoure, 2x full backs who can actually defend and a fully fit Yerry Mina Type who knows his system could be sound with his own players.

Gray's come in and done great, Townsend is a solid squad player who'll put a few good crosses on a plate for DCL when he's back so its all about patience for me.

I dont understand why we aint willing to give this fella or anyone else 2-3 seasons after the sheer instability of the last 6 or so years.

I'm willing to give anyone 2-3 seasons, unless it looks like we might go down. If we'd lost last night and not picked up any more points in the next couple of games, my one criteria might have been met.

I want some stability - Benitez isn't necessarily the man I'd have wanted to place my faith in, but I will as long as he doesn't put the future of the club at risk. We aren't bad enough to go down, so if there comes a point where it looks like we might, that's when I'd choose to cut our losses. Until that happens, I'd keep him (and I'd say the same of literally anyone). We NEED a manager to give us about 3 seasons and build a squad to play a particular style so that we can recruit our following manager accordingly.

I've said it before, but you only get time if you get results. He needs to follow this up with another couple of wins this month before the new year.

We need a lot of strengthening but in the meantime we need to play 3 midfielders to limit the weaknesses of the squad.

We already needed a full back on either side. If he isn't happy with Digne then that's maybe even another full back we need, although I'd prefer any issues are sorted out like grown ups.

We then need a midfielder without doubt and a centre back. I think now is the time to cash in on Mina given his injuries but we definitely need a replacement.

If we then sell one of DCL or Richarlison next smmer, then that's the biggest issue. I don't trust us to spend the money wisely on a replacement. If our goals go and aren't replaced properly, that's where we trend towards relegation. and that scares me a bit. I never said I thought relegation was a big threat this year, and I don't think it is, but I worry about the next 2-3 years. if you keep declining and regressing all over the pitch, then inevitably you have a bad season with average players and do go down.

It could be argued that the toxic Goodson crowd riled up by two disallowed goals got the players to perform, I would say that is far more likely to be the case than a manager who hasn’t managed to get a performance out of his team since mid September.
I guess we will see how it transpires in the next game.
yes, another comeback win. All down to the crowd. Nothing to do with the manager.
Of course.

Whatever we had to lose we already lost this summer.

I've said it before, but you only get time if you get results. He needs to follow this up with another couple of wins this month before the new year.

We need a lot of strengthening but in the meantime we need to play 3 midfielders to limit the weaknesses of the squad.

We already needed a full back on either side. If he isn't happy with Digne then that's maybe even another full back we need, although I'd prefer any issues are sorted out like grown ups.

We then need a midfielder without doubt and a centre back. I think now is the time to cash in on Mina given his injuries but we definitely need a replacement.

If we then sell one of DCL or Richarlison next smmer, then that's the biggest issue. I don't trust us to spend the money wisely on a replacement. If our goals go and aren't replaced properly, that's where we trend towards relegation. and that scares me a bit. I never said I thought relegation was a big threat this year, and I don't think it is, but I worry about the next 2-3 years. if you keep declining and regressing all over the pitch, then inevitably you have a bad season with average players and do go down.
not at all. we as on course now to match last years finish. All is fine.

not at all. we as on course now to match last years finish. All is fine.

Well if you project our points for the season pro rata, we are on course for 46 points. It's much harder to project a league position, especially before everyone has played everyone once, but it's extremely unlikely 46 points gets 10th. A 13 point drop in the same position is unheard of and probably impossible. That sort of points tally much more likely to be 12-14th place.

All really isn't fine but winning always helps. If we go and lose our next 2 or 3 then we are back to square one, so we need to have this followed up. 1 game does not break seasons but it certainly doesn't make them either.

Well if you project our points for the season pro rata, we are on course for 46 points. It's much harder to project a league position, especially before everyone has played everyone once, but it's extremely unlikely 46 points gets 10th. A 13 point drop in the same position is unheard of and probably impossible. That sort of points tally much more likely to be 12-14th place.

All really isn't fine but winning always helps. If we go and lose our next 2 or 3 then we are back to square one, so we need to have this followed up. 1 game does not break seasons but it certainly doesn't make them either.
we are a point off tenth. We finished tenth last season. Points are irrelevant. if we match last season's position that is an excellent result given our injury list and inability to spend money. if we lose our next two or three we will still. only be a handful of points off tenth There is. no crisis, except in your head.

we are a point off tenth. We finished tenth last season. Points are irrelevant. if we match last season's position that is an excellent result given our injury list and inability to spend money.

Points are what matter at this stage of the season, then places matter more in the final 10 games. You need to get into position first, it's like the first 3 days of a major. If we want top half we will half to up our points per game over the next couple of months.

But as I said, it's far too early to project places when we are still 4 games off half way when everyone has played everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.