2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I backed Ancelotti until he screwed us because he had exactly the same problems Benitez has. Neither are terrible managers but people just look to blame the manager because they can’t accept that any fix is probably a painful rebuild. Ancelotti is now at Madrid and im sure they’re not calling him a dinosaur who doesn’t do any training and just tells players to ‘go and play’. I’m sure Benitez knows enough about football to coach a mid table premier elaghe side when he won la logs twice, won a CL, won a europa league with Chelsea, even got a terrible Newcastle side to tenth twice.

These two obviously know enough about football. It’s the players, I don’t know how many managers we need to get rid of before this hits home. Even Silva is doing well at Fulham now and I’ve got no doubt his Fulham team could beat this Everton one without DCL and Richarlison.

These players are complete and utter crap and have been for ages.
Ancelotti is on another level to Benitez. He moved on to Real Madrid. Benitez had just been in China!!

Moise Kean is made for those crosses by Gray.

Its absolute insanity to play counter attacking football using pace and bin off Kean for Rondon.

How can you persist with a tree up top when the idea is to play quickly on the counter.

He simply doesnt have the movement or pace in him to get on the end of through balls or crosses.

Dobbin / Simms would have been physically able to get on the end of those crosses today simply by running at goal.

Ancelotti is on another level to Benitez. He moved on to Real Madrid. Benitez had just been in China!!

Then why couldn’t he get a tune out of the players either? I agree with you that I would rather have kept Ancelotti and think he’s got more about him, but he screwed us over and fans weren’t happy with anyway.

Moise Kean is made for those crosses by Gray.

Its absolute insanity to play counter attacking football using pace and bin off Kean for Rondon.

How can you persist with a tree up top when the idea is to play quickly on the counter.

He simply doesnt have the movement or pace in him to get on the end of through balls or crosses.

Dobbin / Simms would have been physically able to get on the end of those crosses today simply by running at goal.

Kean didn’t want to play for us

Ancelotti tactically really doesn't do much these days. His scope is just getting the players in a reasonable shape and letting them do what they do. That works a lot better with Toni Kroos and Karim Benzema than the guys we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.