2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing the shout “wait till he’s got all the injuries back, then we will start winning”. It’s repeatedly said like it’s a foregone conclusion. What if this doesn’t happen? What if DCL breaks down again, Dacoure gets another injury or Mina gets injured again (quite probable). This is why the injuries now should be compensated for and the team coached to perform better than they are.
We can’t keep saying “wait for the second half of the season” or “wait till the players are back”. This league takes no prisoners and the next run of fixtures are horrendous, Benitez needs to find a solution and quickly before we find ourselves in a relegation battle.
What if this is the limit of our players? Half a dozen managers can't all be bad.
Next change has to be Brands not the manager.

I was ok with the appointment. However, a more tactically versatile manager would have made a better fist of the last few games. I wasn't even looking for us to win, as given our injuries that was unlikely. Just bringing in a youngster or 2 and trying something different would have been enough to make me think we had a manager worth his salt. Currently he's filed under dinosaur along with Ancelotti.

Yep, but this season is looking like we are going backwards, not forward.

Well the squad is basically the same. James, Sigurdsson, Olsen, King replaced with Townsend, Gray, Rondon, Begovic.

I'm not getting into the James thing but a lot on here were seemingly happy he left because we'd got the mighty Townsend and Gray in. There's your drop off in quality. Maybe Sigurdsson's goals and assists did actually contribute more than people thought, too? But I can't say he's exactly a mega loss.

Well the squad is basically the same. James, Sigurdsson, Olsen, King replaced with Townsend, Gray, Rondon, Begovic.

I'm not getting into the James thing but a lot on here were seemingly happy he left because we'd got the mighty Townsend and Gray in. There's your drop off in quality. Maybe Sigurdsson's goals and assists did actually contribute more than people thought, too? But I can't say he's exactly a mega loss.

Olsen is better than Begovic

James and Townie are equal in terms of what they offer differently to the side

King is better than Rondon

Gray and Siggurdsson I would say equal - Gray suits us more in terms of pace/ability but you do lose a decent amount of goals and assists under the Sigmeister.

Overall we're a weaker squad this season imo which is what happens when you spend only £1.7 million.

Olsen is better than Begovic

James and Townie are equal in terms of what they offer differently to the side

King is better than Rondon

Gray and Siggurdsson I would say equal - Gray suits us more in terms of pace/ability but you do lose a decent amount of goals and assists under the Sigmeister.

Overall we're a weaker squad this season imo which is what happens when you spend only £1.7 million.
I dont really know what to say about this sentence:eek:

Gylfi has 25 goals and 17 assists in 4 seasons from midfield which isn't bad by any stretch.

He's limited in other areas but you cant not replace those goals and assists and still expect us to even stay stagnant never mind push up the table.
Gylfi Sigurðsson stats
Soccer player

EVERTON

ICELAND

SWANSEA

1. Premier League

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
    Yellow
    Red
    2020-21366520
    2019-20352330
    2018-193813630
    2017-18274320
    EFL Cup

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
    Yellow
    Red
    2020-2141200
    2019-2021010
    2018-1911000
    Europa League

YearMatchesGoals
    Yellow
    Red
    2017-185110

2018 aside, its not great is it!!!

Gylfi Sigurðsson stats
Soccer player

EVERTON

ICELAND

SWANSEA

1. Premier League

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
    Yellow
    Red
    2020-21366520
    2019-20352330
    2018-193813630
    2017-18274320
    EFL Cup

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
    Yellow
    Red
    2020-2141200
    2019-2021010
    2018-1911000
    Europa League

YearMatchesGoals
    Yellow
    Red
    2017-185110

No it is not, considering half of those goals are pens too and nearly all of the assists are from set pieces. £45m for that.

Am not saying brand shouldn't go but am not sure he is the problem. Let's just say he say "right I think this manager will be great and this player etc what if it's the top man stamping his feet and saying no I want

Gylfi has 25 goals and 17 assists in 4 seasons from midfield which isn't bad by any stretch.

He's limited in other areas but you cant not replace those goals and assists and still expect us to even stay stagnant never mind push up the table.

Gylfi Sigurðsson stats
Soccer player

EVERTON

ICELAND

SWANSEA

1. Premier League

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
    Yellow
    Red
    2020-21366520
    2019-20352330
    2018-193813630
    2017-18274320
    EFL Cup

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
    Yellow
    Red
    2020-2141200
    2019-2021010
    2018-1911000
    Europa League

YearMatchesGoals
    Yellow
    Red
    2017-185110

No it is not, considering half of those goals are pens too and nearly all of the assists are from set pieces. £45m for that.

As a 2nd striker its really quite bad as he has no all round game.

Status
Not open for further replies.