2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brentford atm have 7 first teamers listed as out or possibly out, yes. Three of them are definitely out, four were doubtful - that'll be updated after Frank's had his presser, I'm not sure if that's today or if he did it yesterday.
Think he did it first thing this morning. Can't see it anywhere but he did say wissa would make the bench. Which as I was told on this thread a few days ago, if they are only fit enough for the bench, it counts as them still being unavailable.

Edit. Sorensen (hasn't played since aug) is available. And so is jensen who had covid. Jorgensen is still unavailable.

So 4 are still out. 1 is fit enough for the bench. Sorensen will also likely only be bench. And 1 who will likely be back in depending on how covid impacts him

Last edited:
I get Rondon isn't good enough and maybe Benitez does as well but he was brought in for free as 3rd/4th choice striker who may be handy in the last 10 minutes when looking for a goal.
There was no way he knew that a simple thigh strain would turn into something more serious and Richarlison would beat his bookings for the whole of last season in just 8 games.
Injuries are hurting us but not as bad as the recruitment shambles over the last 5 years. Add that to the shortage of youngsters coming through we can see the issue runs much deeper than just the manager.
There’s nothing in rondons record to suggest he’s a player who can come on and get a goal in 10 minutes, it just isn’t how he plays. It’s pretty clear to me that he was brought in to be an alternative to Calvert Lewin as a focal point for the attack and he hasn’t been up to the job. Tosun and Simms are both more likely to nick a goal in the last 10 minutes I reckon.

My 4 managerial choices to replace Ancelotti were Ten Hag, Amorim, Gallardo and Potter.

Thats based around their ability to build teams and play attractive successful attacking football and be greater than the sum of their parts.

What other managers who are 'up and coming' would you throw in the hat to replace Benitez?

Oh. So you want to sack a 1 win in 9 matches manager with the last win in Sep for another 1 win in 9 matches manager who's last win in Sep including matches where they could not beat the second last team, Newcastle and bottom placed team, Norwich? Sound strategy. How many seasons is your FM save currently at?

As long as they don't post in the delusional, arrogant, condescending manner you do.

Can't wait for your next list of random u21 players you've never watched before.

But yeah, carry on patronising other posters you total melt.

Can you understand my post above or are you also in need of assistance?

Clue: The two managers names are bolded.

Second clue: One is our previous manager and the other is our current manager.

They are not the same person.

Note: This post was not directed to either of you. The reply to this post is at the bottom of this message.

Both of you are making me feel uncomfortable.

i suggest you ask a teacher for help.

Zat lusts for anyone deemed "young and progressive" even if they are bang average.

Potter struggles with pressure from Brighton fans imagine him going on a 1 in 9 run here ffs lol

That doesnt entitle people to write nasty words.

He'd have had Marco Silva and Roberto Martinez on his lists before taking charge here. He's hopeless, hasn't got a clue.

You are deliberately trying to ruin my day.

I don't think we'd get anybody 'up and coming' atm mate tbf, definitely not in the middle of the season.

I wanted Galtier in the summer. He's not young but he gets his teams playing fast football but actually has them defensively solid too - Lille were brilliant defensively last season and his Nice team currently have the best defence in Ligue 1.

Agreed, I dont think we would either. It was more who 'you' would want within that bracket.

Galtier I believe had already given his word to Nice so it was a non-starter.

Seeing Tuchel and Rangnick being parachuted in is quite amusing as theyre our interview 'rejects' to add to several others who have moved onto greater things.

Silva will be one to watch next season, still very young and may have learned some lessons.

My guess is that Moshiri is just in a holding pattern anyway.

Zat lusts for anyone deemed "young and progressive" even if they are bang average.

Potter struggles with pressure from Brighton fans imagine him going on a 1 in 9 run here ffs lol

I actually like Potter, think he’s a talented manager, the exact sort of manager who could come in after someone has done the work to stabilise us and improve the squad with good players. Do I think he’s the man for this turnaround job though? No. He’d be a lamb to the slaughter of impatient Everton fans. He’s at exactly the club he needs to be at now who will tolerate looking like relegation favourites most of last season and extended runs of poor form. We’d destroy his career if he came here, and knowing how our useless squad would react to a manager without a big name he’d probably end up destroying us as well.

The players won’t respond to a manager like Potter, they’re not professional enough, they’d just see a manager they could get out with a few bad results and it would be deckchairs and flip flops out all round then the second he was gone and we had another interim manager you’d have the lot of them at Marcel’s door wanting a new contract.

Benitez to drain the swamp, then we could think about a manager of the profile of Potter.

I see it's the players faults, the same ones who got 57 points last season, that we are closer to the bottom 3 than we are the top 4
Ancelotti grinding 57 points with that roster in the face of all the injuries showed why he is a top manager. It's not because he is a van Gaal mad genius. He often doesn't figure it out on the first go. He sometimes sticks with things that aren't working for a match or two too long, which is why he doesn't have a lot of league trophies.

Once he determines that it isn't working, though, he keeps throwing stuff at the wall until something sticks. Once it sticks, he figures out how to optimize it and rides it until he realizes he no longer can, then he tries something else.

That, coupled with some match-to-match tactical pragmatism, has served him well in cups when he's had enough pieces to switch it up from opponent to opponent to counter what the opponent does well.

Note: This post was not directed to either of you. The reply to this post is at the bottom of this message.

Agreed, I dont think we would either. It was more who 'you' would want within that bracket.

Seeing Tuchel and Rangnick being parachuted in is quite amusing as theyre our interview 'rejects' to add to several others who have moved onto greater things.

Silva will be one to watch next season, still very young and may have learned some lessons.

Galtier and Nice thing was weird but I believe he was open to joining us when approached mate. His preference might have been Nice but I think the Everton job would have been a lure for him. He'd probably have wanted guarantees over time though - and yes before anyone starts I know Benitez needs that time too. But I'd be much more willing to allow leeway and time to a manager who's just won a league title after building that Lille team over three seasons than a bloke who's just come back from doing very poorly in China.

Are you honestly saying you are happy with these performances, that were being given to us long before Benitez turned up? I get people don't want him and why but how many times should we come away from games thinking the players haven't left it all on the pitch.

So yes the players have to take the blame as well, they are the ones who cross the white lines onto the pitch; they have to then show something and a lot of times they are defeated before a ball is kicked.

The players have far far far too many games where they simply don't show up, show any heart, desire, hunger, passion whatever you want to call it, I for one am sick of it and that's before I even start at the manager.
The performances are as bad as they've always been. The results have gotten worse. Benitez inherited an already solid defence with an excellent set piece record and made it comfortably the worst in the league. The players may be weak willed cowards but they can still be set up to play better. That city set up was a roll over job, a far worse one than the one Benitez called us a small club for

The performances are as bad as they've always been. The results have gotten worse. Benitez inherited an already solid defence with an excellent set piece record and made it comfortably the worst in the league. The players may be weak willed cowards but they can still be set up to play better. That city set up was a roll over job, a far worse one than the one Benitez called us a small club for
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not sticking up for Benitez, just saying it seems that it goes deeper than that. How do you coach passion and desire if the players are defeated before stepping on the pitch, the modern game is crap and our record in the Premier league against clubs deemed bigger than us or around our level(maybe not now) is utterly appalling.

I love you Zat you're a character mate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.