2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unbelievable. Spends next to nothing, so they start adding up wages to prove that he's spent money. Never have I seen anything like that before. Funny.

Youre a 'Benitez fan' and not an 'Everton fan'.

Its been common on this very forum to highlight managers and their signings. That includes transfer fees and of course all the wages etc that are paid to the player over several years.

You being a 'Benitez fan' clearly dont understand the logic of the wages or else you would understand the total shambles this man has made of a scattergun approach to signings throughout his career.

its honestly pitiful to claim £1.7mil was spent in the summer and then use that amount to praise him. Its a total ignorance of reality.

Both the clubs owner and Director of football have claimed the wages will come down and fees will be increased. This has been the opposite under this manager.

The irony that you're comparing Messi, Wijnaldum, Donnarumma and Ramos to Gray, Townsend, Rondon & Begovic!!

Keep digging yourself that hole mate lol

They were free transfers.

Youre claiming Benitez is suffering as he spent £1.7mil in transfer fees.

So now your point is that the players he signed arent good enough?

The five players were probably spending almost £300k a week on wages arent good enough as a group.

Yet he didnt sell anyone to generate funds.

Big admiration for @Zatara here, he’s taking no prisoners and performing a demolition job

To be fair, its not as if the two posters above have an actual argument is it?

Neither of them seem to understand that our entire squad wasnt £1.7mil over the last years.

Even Benitez himself isnt making as many excuses as these two.

Its peculiar, bizarre and troubling at the same time.

Koeman was supposed to be the bee's knees when we got him.So was Silva,

He wasnt though and never was. His list of jobs before and after southampton was and is still embarrassing. Still getting a living off his playing days.
I'd credit him as the worst as he was originally given the money and spent it like monopoly cash.
And who wanted silva among Everton fans? Not many as i recall.

Its funny how you've only counted wages, sign on fees etc. For Benitez. I didnt see this forensic accounting under previous managers :coffee:

You do realise you then have to do the same for the other 19 clubs right?
Which would mean Benitez/Everton still spent the 20th lowest in the division this summer!!

It is unbelievable. Spends next to nothing, so they start adding up wages to prove that he's spent money. Never have I seen anything like that before. FunFunny

I mean, you've spent all summer banging on about James wages and adding them up.

Also just one example of where people previously included it, is Bernard. He rinsed us for a huge signing on fee an huge wages. And posters added that In all the time. You spout a load of rubbish that you don't bother checking or evidencing constantly.

Rafael Benitez on the 2021/22 January transfer window: “I had a conversation with Marcel Brands and he was explaining, more or less, the idea. I think we still have some time to consider what to do. We have to be creative and manage the situation.” (Source: Liverpool Echo)

Rafael Benitez on the 2021/22 January transfer window: “I think we will have some money to spend, but I don’t think that will be too much. The fans, they know the kind of players that you need here. We can find solutions and we will try our best.” (Source: Liverpool Echo)

“We have to be sure we improve things that maybe were not right. If not then you cannot justify why we were where we were, and why we are where we are, after spending, maybe, the fourth most in the last five years. "

I’m made up he is cranking the pressure up on brands

And that is why we haven't got a cohesive team on the pitch. Great if you've got top quality in your squad like Chelsea not so great for us. We are hodgepodge of ideas, not particularly great ones either.

We went through a terrible patch with Silva in his first season, we had 15 points from our first 10 games, 18 more in the 17 games after that. It was only the 21 points garnered from the last 11 that made it into a respectable season. It's revisionism of the highest order, we used to accept that there would be some teething troubles when a new person takes the helm but now we are not willing to because of who is in charge. None of the others had to contend with the number and the quality of players out before either. People can want him out, that's your or their choice, but know that quite possibly you are going to end up relegating us as if the next person comes in and struggles where do you go? If you don't give time to build a team we are going to end up like Blackburn/Newcastle etc. etc. that we used to laugh at for being basket cases.

Great post. 'Deadly Doug' was always good for a chuckle too and Spurs were also good value for a laugh too with their manager antics.

We need to at least get the season out of Benitez. We can't keep sacking managers.

And that is why we haven't got a cohesive team on the pitch. Great if you've got top quality in your squad like Chelsea not so great for us. We are hodgepodge of ideas, not particularly great ones either.

We went through a terrible patch with Silva in his first season, we had 15 points from our first 10 games, 18 more in the 17 games after that. It was only the 21 points garnered from the last 11 that made it into a respectable season. It's revisionism of the highest order, we used to accept that there would be some teething troubles when a new person takes the helm but now we are not willing to because of who is in charge. None of the others had to contend with the number and the quality of players out before either. People can want him out, that's your or their choice, but know that quite possibly you are going to end up relegating us as if the next person comes in and struggles where do you go? If you don't give time to build a team we are going to end up like Blackburn/Newcastle etc. etc. that we used to laugh at for being basket cases.
We need stability. Koeman was always a poor choice, Sam was Sam, Silva was unknown really and Ancelotti was not a man to build a squad.

Benitez has built squads and has won trophies on a budget. He needs time.

This is his MO and what i expected when things got hairy. Things are never his fault its always the club, he always tries to limit any negativity to his own brand. "Im a great manager, but what can i do without any money" he agitates and tries to split the fan base against owners and the club. We've seen this before, he did it at Mordor and he did it at Newcastle and he will do it here and the orks and geordies actually fell for it. Its divisive for a club and becomes toxic.

No way the majority of Evertonians will fall for it.

Stay Strong Freedom Fighters.

No collaboration with occupied Everton.

This is his MO and what i expected when things got hairy. Things are never his fault its always the club, he always tries to limit any negativity to his own brand. "Im a great manager, but what can i do without any money" he agitates and tries to split the fan base against owners and the club. We've seen this before, he did it at Mordor and he did it at Newcastle and he will do it here and the orks and geordies actually fell for it. Its divisive for a club and becomes toxic.

You are right about him eventually falling out with everyone in sight but he must have been told at the start you will get this much in the summer, this in year 2/year 3 else he would have legged it to Newcastle as soon as they won the lottery.

You are right about him eventually falling out with everyone in sight but he must have been told at the start you will get this much in the summer, this in year 2/year 3 else he would have legged it to Newcastle as soon as they won the lottery.

I think hes sewing the seeds now mate, if you read his comments since the Utd game, they are becoming more and more divisive, all about having no money, didnt i do well with Gray and Towsend, Club should be doing better and subtlety digging the administration, id be critical of them myself, yet this is a well worn path by the manager to protect his brand for the next opportunity via making things divisive and toxic here. He will look to stay in the PL. Hes here because no one else in the PL would give him an opportunity and it suits his family circumstances. He will create the idea of we are an underdog and so lucky to have him andanything that goes wrong willl be blamed elsewhere, while he ships out quality players like Jamo and brings in Townsend and Rondon and tell us what a great job hes doing and how lucky we are. Like i say the Orcs and Geordies fell for it. The majority of Evertonians wont - we have his number.

Last edited:
Its not moving the goalposts though.

If we had our pick of top end managers Klopp would be my least preferred option because of his past. If it's a choice of a bunch of mediocre managers and Klopp randomly being in the running then of yes Klopp would make more sense but there would be people who would not be happy with that appointment because rivalries should mean something.

Ancelotti was never really going to that good of a fit for us if we are being honest. Nor is Benitez as they are used to working with teams who are ready to win things already.
Klopp has been quite lucky to achieve what he has... the jump he made from a regular top four side to winning the champions league then premiership was down to two main reasons... City and Chelsea having there poorest seasons in years.. United having there worst side for 30 years and more importantly FSG giving Klopp 200m to spend in 6 months including all the Coutinho money...

Inappropriate Language

That's not what he is saying at all. He's ripping in to Brands spending money on absolute [Poor language removed] which hasn't benefitted the club.

I think hes sewing the seeds now mate, if you read his comments since the Utd game, they are becoming more and more divisive, all about having no money, didnt i do well with Gray and Towsend, Club should be doing better and subtlety digging the administration, id be critical of them myself, yet this is a well worn path by the manager to protect his brand for the next opportunity via making things divisive and toxic here. He will look to stay in the PL. Hes here because no one else in the PL would give him an opportunity and it suits his family circumstances. He will create the idea of we are an underdog and so lucky to have him andanything that goes wrong willl be blamed elsewhere, while he ships out quality players like Jamo and brings in Townsend and Rondon and tell us what a great job hes doing and how lucky we are. Like i say the Orcs and Geordies fell for it. The majority of Evertonians wont - we have his number.

it’s brands number you need. he gets the players - benitez deserves money as any other manager would. our board think we have miracle workers.

That's not what he is saying at all. He's ripping in to Brands spending money on absolute [Poor language removed] which hasn't benefitted the club.
it’s brands number you need. he gets the players - benitez deserves money as any other manager would. our board think we have miracle workers.
Exhibit A.

Hook, line and sinker lads.

You do realise he was linked to Celtic, Palace, Arsenal and Spurs don't you. Or if he really wanted to he could have waited and walked back in to Newcastle. He had options in the UK. He was also in discussions with Napoli, Fiorentina and Fenerbahçe, so it wasn't like we took a punt on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.