Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with all three however, we don’t get a say.

Moshiri has made this appointment and whilst many are vehemently against Benitez, he is now the manager of Everton Football Club and even though it will gall us, we have to hope that it works better than all the previous Moshiri appointments.

If it all goes pear-shaped again, the main blame, culpability and responsibility lies with the largely absentee majority shareholder !!!

Yeh if it goes tits up, like I'm expecting, it's on Moshiri for barging ahead with another big name appointment.

Name me a manager who was available and would have come mate who has a CV as good as Benitez?

And dont say someone like Anorim or Gallardo no chance the club take such risks during BMD being built.

Its easier sitting here making suggestions when you haven't £500+ million investment in a stadium being built.
FSW is a big enough risk.....done sweet FA for years.
Facht

The situation summed up in 2 lines.

30th June 2021 - Some blues (mainly on social media) say they are not going to watch Everton while RB is in charge.
16th July 2021 - Everton announce record renewal season ticket sales of 30k plus, a record renewal rate of 98%.

Get behind the manager of the team you support like the majority of other blues are doing you absolute helmets. lol

fc394eecbe14c891d15216a4354d434e.gif
Tbf, if Phil Thompson took over with Suarez as his assistant there'd have still been record renewals, given the length of time out of the stadium.

That said, the predictions of mass boycotts have been proven a fallacy.

Name me a manager who was available and would have come mate who has a CV as good as Benitez?

And [B][SIZE=7]dont say someone like[/SIZE][/B] Anorim or Gallardo no chance the club take such risks during BMD being built.

Its easier sitting here making suggestions when you haven't £500+ million investment in a stadium being built.

So i have to name a manager...but not name a manager...

So i have to name a manager...but not name a manager...

Because you have to be realistic mate. We cant blow money with FFP to sign a new squad who can play the type of football you want and the club cant afford dropping into the bottom 3 whilst BMD is being built which they did with this same squad of players under both Koeman + Silva.

We were always going to appoint a solid manager whos system mimics Ancelotti it was never going to be giving the keys to the Mercedes to some inexperienced bloke who's never managed in England trying to play expansive football with a team who struggle to string two passes together.

And dont say someone like Anorim or Gallardo no chance the club take such risks during BMD being built.

I believe that Mid table clubs have to take a risk to make the leap they dream of.
If we are a afraid to take the risk prior to the Dock ,why would we do it in the aftermath when we are saddled with a massive debt to service?

The weird thing is that every successful manager i can think of in recent history has come directly from overseas with no premier league experience.
So thinking back to about 2018 even before and all the trophies and even finishing in the top four I can only think of .

Rodgers
Poch
Solkjaer
Mourinho

that’s it from pep to Wenger , klopp to tuchel even lampard to sarri . Even if you look at mourinho he came he without any experience of the prem like pep and won the lot .

Two of that list had no experience when appointed at much smaller clubs then moved on to bigger things . It’s amazing how terrified we seem to be , even this saviour Benitez had none when he came to the RS but we’ve got to wait til he’s very probably a busted flush .

I believe that Mid table clubs have to take a risk to make the leap they dream of.
If we are a afraid to take the risk prior to the Dock ,why would we do it in the aftermath when we are saddled with a massive debt to service?

West Ham fans will be enjoying European football next season with a manager many didnt want back here.

No one wanted Rodgers when Leicester appointed him yet they are in Europe and just won an FA Cup... many probably would have turned their noses up at Ranieri as he was a "dinosaur" and not some flavour of the month 35 year old from Portugal or Germany.

The reality is we have a good not great/poor manager and recruitment ultimately will determine if we are to have hopes of qualifying for europe/winning a trophy.

The fans need to start directing their anger at the bloke who's wizzing money away on average players like Delph, Iwobi, Kean, Gomes instead of the bloke who hasn't even had one professional game as EFC manager yet.

West Ham fans will be enjoying European football next season with a manager many didnt want back here.

No one wanted Rodgers when Leicester appointed him yet they are in Europe and just won an FA Cup... many probably would have turned their noses up at Ranieri as he was a "dinosaur" and not some flavour of the month 35 year old from Portugal or Germany.

The reality is we have a good not great manager and recruitment ultimately will determine if we are to have hopes of qualifying for europe/winning a trophy.

The fans need to start directing their anger at the bloke who's wizzing money away on average players like Delph, Iwobi, Kean, Gomes instead of the manager who hasn't even had one professional game as EFC manager yet.
Rodgers is 13 years younger than the bloke your venerating and he might have gone to Scotland but it’s hardly semi-retirement in China . I don’t get how you don’t see the potential that this fella is winding down and sees this as another payday like China .

I hope it’s not that but even before he went to Leicester I’d rather have had Rodgers at least there is no doubt he’s still ambitious . I’ll be delighted if this bloke succeeds, delighted but I can’t understand why some people don’t seem remotely concerned.

Rodgers is 13 years younger than the bloke your venerating and he might have gone to Scotland but it’s hardly semi-retirement in China . I don’t get how you don’t see the potential that this fella is winding down and sees this as another payday like China .

I hope it’s not that but even before he went to Leicester I’d rather have had Rodgers at least there is no doubt he’s still ambitious . I’ll be delighted if this bloke succeeds, delighted but I can’t understand why some people don’t seem remotely concerned.

Many would only want Rodgers now in hindsight. At the time he joined Leicester many laughed stating he was the bloke who bottled it and couldnt win the league with a firing Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge and finished midtable with Liverpool and only won stuff with Celtic which you or I could do.

Give the bloke a chance and start demanding more of Brands who has wasted millions on midtable tosh whilst other clubs have spent wisely and overtaken us.

This thread is still a blood bath.

We get beat by Saints at home the knives will be out.

This is a safe pair of hands on paper but it’s not taking into consideration us the fans.

Rafael gets backed he will do well, if he doesn’t well the club will get everything it deserves

Many would only want Rodgers now in hindsight. At the time he joined Leicester many laughed stating he was the bloke who bottled it and couldnt win the league with a firing Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge and finished midtable with Liverpool and only won stuff with Celtic which you or I could do.

Give the bloke a chance and start demanding more of Brands who has wasted millions on midtable tosh whilst other clubs have spent wisely and overtaken us.
I’m not saying I won’t give him a chance I’ve literally just written I hope he succeeds but it’s the blind loyalty , frankly almost kopite loyalty , that he seems to be getting that I can’t fathom .

I’m ok with people ‘backing the appointment’ that’s great , you do you but the fact that even having doubts about where his career and ambitions are gets you told you ‘get behind him ‘ just puzzles me . Other than his exceptional PR I see nothing and I mean nothing In his recent history to make me think he’s the answer to our problems , if he is then great like I say I’ll be delighted but there is nothing wrong with questioning this appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.