Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same is true for any digital platform.

There's no single platform that is entirely representative.

Take Twitter;

View attachment 133497

But, also consider, today we'll have more Evertonians visit than who will visit Goodison on the opening day of the season.

In the next week, we'll have more Evertonians visit this website that those that visit Goodison over the course of the season.

Forums attract a certain demographic/mindset of fans, but that doesn't devalue the opinion and that opinion is worth no less than a season ticket holder.
I wasn't trying to be critical of GOT merely trying to highlight that no one side of any Everton dispute/argument/discussion is completely right or wrong but on here with some you either agree completely or you completely wrong...that is not reality and in my opinion doesn’t reflect the majority of Evertonians

Who knows

but that’s what he has done
Maybe he has, but I not sure its as bad ad you say...lets see what sort of attendance we get Vs Southampton
You say he did it to divide us, I think he did it because he doesn't have any animosity against Benitez one way or the other and he was the best he thought he could get at the time, which, sadly he probably was.

It’s early Saturday morning and GOT is simmering nicely, I have a feeling today is going to be a memorable GOT day once the alcohol starts getting consumed early doors because the suns out.
Indeed, fireworks no doubt. Hope one of the new ITK’s drop a massive fume rumour about five ish, just as the bbq beer hits afternoon peak.

Maybe he has, but I not sure its as bad ad you say...lets see what sort of attendance we get Vs Southampton
You say he did it to divide us, I think he did it because he doesn't have any animosity against Benitez one way or the other and he was the best he thought he could get at the time, which, sadly he probably was.
That just isn't true though, I think it's more to do with the fact we insist on having a manager who has had PL experience before so it cuts the shortlist right down. This is entirely up to the club if they want to do this but in recent years the best managers in the league have come into their clubs without previous PL experience. Sadly it's just the way we seem to want to do things.

But Degsy that aint a sexy enough answer.

We want dirt!
We demand dirt!

That just isn't true though, I think it's more to do with the fact we insist on having a manager who has had PL experience before so it cuts the shortlist right down. This is entirely up to the club if they want to do this but in recent years the best managers in the league have come into their clubs without previous PL experience. Sadly it's just the way we seem to want to do things.

why isnt it true - show your working out...
Q) who was a actually avaliable who would come
A) Plenty for the money probably, but it's all a gamble
Q) Who was avaliable who was any good and was free to come
A) Not too many.

Benitez was and is devisive, but he does as they say - know the cries

Under Moshiri/Kenwright it's only ever going to be someone who has previous PL experience, I would have thought that was obvious now. Yes there are some far better options but I doubt we will ever look at them so you need to just get used to it sadly, anyway I'm sure the usual suspects will down tools once they realise that Benitez actually expects them to run at times.

The weird thing is that every successful manager i can think of in recent history has come directly from overseas with no premier league experience.

£500+ million stadium being built

Needing to comply with FFP so cant spend £150 million on a whole squad rebuild

No decent managers available
hence Spurs getting Nuno and Palace Viera

FfS MoSh WhY nOt Go FoR pOtTeR oR SuM hIpStEr fRoM pOrTuGaL

Have you ever left England?

One thing is apparent from the recent slew of interviews is that Benitez is to have far less of an input into our transfer policy than previous first term managers.
Unsurprising since one of the reasons we currently have little room for manoeuvre financially is that we have indulged incoming coaches by giving them a grace period to overrule Brands at the outset of their tenure.
This has backfired massively.
Brands and Moshiri will now manage the recruitment side with a view to a coherent strategy that will deliver value beyond any subsequent and inevitable managerial change.
This is good news as any perusal of Benitez’ performance in the transfer market reveals an indifferent record at best, and we clearly can’t afford anymore shortsighted purchases.

I imagine the attendance will be at the maximum permitted given that it is the first game of the season and post Covid restrictions and for that reason I doubt whether the appointment of Benitez will have any bearing on attendance but I could be wrong of course

The situation summed up in 2 lines.

30th June 2021 - Some blues (mainly on social media) say they are not going to watch Everton while RB is in charge.
16th July 2021 - Everton announce record renewal season ticket sales of 30k plus, a record renewal rate of 98%.

Get behind the manager of the team you support like the majority of other blues are doing you absolute helmets. lol

fc394eecbe14c891d15216a4354d434e.gif

Don’t like him, don’t rate him, don’t want him here.
Agree with all three however, we don’t get a say.

Moshiri has made this appointment and whilst many are vehemently against Benitez, he is now the manager of Everton Football Club and even though it will gall us, we have to hope that it works better than all the previous Moshiri appointments.

If it all goes pear-shaped again, the main blame, culpability and responsibility lies with the largely absentee majority shareholder !!!

The weird thing is that every successful manager i can think of in recent history has come directly from overseas with no premier league experience.

Have you ever left England?

Name me a manager who was available and would have come mate who has a CV as good as Benitez?

And dont say someone like Anorim or Gallardo no chance the club take such risks during BMD being built.

Its easier sitting here making suggestions when you haven't £500+ million investment in a stadium being built.

Status
Not open for further replies.