Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd genuinely have Benitez over Nuno, and said so at the time Nuno was seemingly nailed on for the job.

An unproven manager completely intertwined with the career of a toxic super agent, complete with massive entourage. No thanks.
Both aren't my ideal choice, but looking at it objectively who is more likely to bring us success - most would begrudgingly say Benitez.

I'll get behind the team because I love this club, but I honestly, however hard I try, can't comprehend how they ever came to the conclusion that Benitez was the right fit for us.
Think. Like. Mosh.

Carlo? Proven, but no anchor here and left the club for greener pastures. Silva? Unproven and sacked. Koeman? Unproven and sacked.

Rafael? Proven and has trophies. Adores the city of Liverpool, won't leave.

Makes total sense to me why Moshiri wanted him regardless of fan sentiment.

Think. Like. Mosh.

Carlo? Proven, but left the club for greener pastures. Silva? Unproven and sacked. Koeman? Unproven and sacked.

Rafael? Proven and has trophies. Adores the city of Liverpool, won't leave.

Makes total sense to me why Moshiri wanted him regardless of fan sentiment.
But that's exactly the one thing that will be his downfall imo.

Interesting perspective. Thanks for educating us.

This place today has been a microcosm of how it really was for us. A few saying they'd not go to games until he was gone (and sticking to it). The majority of home and away ST holders still went but made their displeasure known. The minority (and it is, if we're honest) that will support him/the board/Everton no matter what get drowned out. That's the hardest part. No-one is right but everyone thinks they are. That's when the problems start inside the ground.

I actually felt sorry for him in the end, he was on an absolute hiding to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.