Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are trying to explain to you that professional sports in America has very different origins to those in Europe - there is no comparison really.
Again, I never talked about American professional sports. I was talking about American college sports. I'm well aware of how American professional sports differ from European sports. Has nothing to do with my previous argument at all.

Again, I never talked about American professional sports. I was talking about American college sports. I'm well aware of how American professional sports differ from European sports. Has nothing to do with my previous argument at all.
But Everton are a professional team and that’s what we are talking about when we say you don’t understand .

Chelsea fan here. I absolutely feel your pain - I refused to go when FSW was our interim manager (it was helped by me living in Stoke and being skint then, though, tbf)

He didn't apologise for what he said about us (“We don’t need to give away stupid plastic flags to our fans to wave, our supporters are always there with their hearts and that is all we need. It’s the passion of the fans that helps us to win matches, not flags. Chelsea fans lack passion.”) so I wouldn't hold out for an apology if I were you.

The atmosphere at the ground was awful, apparently and, as others have mentioned, had match going fans at loggerheads, some of which ended up with them fighting. It was far from ideal.

Luckily for us, he was only interim - hopefully you'll be rid of him soon enough. Our games will be a laugh, though, he'll be being booed from all sides!
Interesting perspective. Thanks for educating us.

Mate, Crimson has nothing to do with the RS. It's from my own life unrelated to Everton.

Thanks though for illustrating my point about the real reason for this argument. And for the random, unwarranted hostility.

The criteria has shifted as we go from living with rivals in everyday life, etc. etc. to specifically being in particular pubs on particular days, so I guess AmericasToffee is right that there really is no point going further here.

Man, these sorts of interactions really make this forum pleasurable to be a part of and to support financially, I tell you.
It's alright mate, I'm regarded with suspicion for owning a red car in some quarters.

@Alan Whittle

In someways I am glad it is all over...
I don’t know what the outcome will be, but at least we all know were we stand

On reflection, glad we got Benitez ahead of Nuno. Signing almost exclusively Mendes players would’ve been ridiculous, Brands would’ve walked and we’d of turned into a crap Portugal.
Christ given his eye for manager recruitment thank god we’ve managed to keep him . I can’t imagine the future without his invaluable input

Status
Not open for further replies.