Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it ridiculous? Give me merit based reasons he shouldn't have been given the job?

Spurs have just hired Nuno off the back of a disaster season, and he's won sod all, for example. There's literally no logical reason whatsoever to prefer Nuno over Benitez based on CVs.

There's only one definitive logical reason to be against Benitez, and that's that he took a retirement job in China. Every other reason is complete fluff.
I’ve said before my two concerns are he’s coming down the mountain his career is coming to an end , as you mentioned China which is as I’ve said semi retirement also that many managers of his generation are seeing the game change around them . if you don’t think the controversial nature of his appointment is a factor in his potential success then we differ , I think it makes it harder for him clearly you don’t but to succeed I think it helps if everyone is rowing in the same direction. that’s why I believe we saw home form become irrelevant last year I want us to get some of that back and I think it’s harder with Benitez than with someone else .

Why is it ridiculous? Give me merit based reasons he shouldn't have been given the job?

Spurs have just hired Nuno off the back of a disaster season, and he's won sod all, for example. There's literally no logical reason whatsoever to prefer Nuno over Benitez based on CVs.

There's only one definitive logical reason to be against Benitez, and that's that he took a retirement job in China. Every other reason is complete fluff.
I think Spurs made a poor decision hiring Nuno, he's very similar to Benitez who's about low block, counter attacks. I could see that working at Everton as I doubt most of the league fears us, I don't see that working at Spurs who are expected to win most games.

Every manager we were linked with was divisive. Every single one. Because the previous manager was Ancelotti, every one of them was considered a downgrade, the club is a basket case ran by incompetents, we were on a hiding to nothing.

So no, it isn't a reason, as it's not unique to him. If anything, I applaud the man for having the brass balls to take the job knowing just how many bedwetters wish him near enough physical harm.

There's been large portions of our fanbase who have been a legit embarrassment over this.
Oh come on! It's absolutely unique to him! Every manager gets a chance at first regardless. It may not last long but they get a honeymoon period.

Your last sentence is exactly the reason as to why I was against the appointment!

We shouldn't have been in this position in the first place. It's not like the reaction is shocking anyone is it?

They’re actually good at what they do though, Benitez has been crap at what he does knocking on a decade now

He's won numerous cups in numerous countries with numerous teams.

We have won nothing in 26 years, and are knocking on 40 years since our last title win.

We are in no position to call him "crap". He was, by a massive distance, the most qualified candidate available.

Oh come on! It's absolutely unique to him! Every manager gets a chance at first regardless. It may not last long but they get a honeymoon period.

Your last sentence is exactly the reason as to why I was against the appointment!

We shouldn't have been in this position in the first place. It's not like the reaction is shocking anyone is it?
That people are surprised that some fans are reacting badly to the appointment is what surprises me , the banners and graffiti surely indicated it was not a universally supported appointment.

Eddie Howe wouldn't have got 10 minutes. Mark Hughes wouldn't have had 5. People were saying they wouldn't have gone the game if Nuno was hired.

Division over the appointment was absolutely not unique to him. What's unique to him is the amount of bedwetters who are emotionally defective to the point they wish him harm, because he had the audacity of taking a football job.

Just like I don't have time to appease racists for not 'liking' people based on their skin colour, I don't have time to appease morons who don't like a football manager because of a job he happened to have in the past. There's no logic, no rationale behind it - just hatred because of irrational prejudice. They don't deserve the time of day.

That people are surprised that some fans are reacting badly to the appointment is what surprises me , the banners and graffiti surely indicated it was not a universally supported appointment.
Sad part is I actually somewhat agree with the "grow up" and "get on with it" shouts in a way as its done now and is what it is.

It does baffle me though how people think that because they are OK with him being the manager then there will be no problem. The problem still exists no matter how "chilled and reasonable" some supporters are about it.

Great, that totally ignores the issue though.

Telling people to stop doing what they instinctively want to do is not going to change anything is it?

"Stop being you". That's basically what is being asked. Telling people to grow up changes nothing, they are obviously different types of people to you.

Football is irrational. A lot of it is just pure pantomime.
Oh no it isn't

Sad part is I actually somewhat agree with the "grow up" and "get on with it" shouts in a way as its done now and is what it is.

It does baffle me though how people think that because they are OK with him being the manager then there will be no problem. The problem still exists no matter how "chilled and reasonable" some supporters are about it.

Nobody is saying there will be no problem. They're saying the problem isn't caused by anything Benitez has done; it's caused by the 'fans' being irrational.

I'm well aware that there'll be riots if we're 10th in November or whatever. But that's on the fans' toxicity alone. It's on them; they're to blame for being mentally subpar.

I’m genuinely trying I am , I thought I had really early on then fell back into being fed up and now As we get close to the season I just want to get on with it . I know lads who are on and others who are absolutely fuming , it’s a range of emotions. I desperately want us and by extension him to win that first game and win it comfortably so we avoid all this rubbish and then onwards and upwards .

Well it’s not my job to appoint managers but I wouldn’t necessarily have seen premier experience as crucial also the money that ancelotti would have hopefully opened the occasional door . Look I think the dreams of champions league are just that but mainland Europe managers for example with a style of football with hopes of building over 3 or 4 years I’d have taken that . Look let’s be candid there isn’t really an available manager in the world that would be more controversial.

No name though?

Difficult, isn't it?

as regards how much longer would they get , well you mention people wanting Koeman out after a half dozen games . I honestly never heard that kind of talk in numbers In the boozers , the ground or travelling or whatever not in big numbers not to say GOT isn’t representative but we all know it can be different .

I did an article in September 2017 mate, and in it is a video of fans outside the stadium calling for Koeman to be sacked. You can see it here;

Im not saying some weren’t saying it but not enough fir me to notice or rather enough that I remember . If we lose our first three games I honestly think our new manager is in trouble . That’s insane , it’s not fair on him or us . My hope is with lots going on like when Rooney went that things might pull us as a squad even a club together . I can’t help but think that’ll be by mostly good luck mind .

He is.

But Carlo Ancelotti had fans wanting him sacked after losing 3 games in November - i linked his thread were you can see exactly that - when we were 5th in the league.

I don't think it's an issue exclusive to Benitez. Sure, fans will be perhaps a bit quicker to pile on but it is what it is. I don't think Moshiri will listen to fans anymore because, in his own words, fans disown the manager very quick no matter who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.