Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo overachieved away and underachieved at home. On average a pretty mediocre season, but the whole point of consistency is eradicating the bad performances.
Carlo proved we could be a top 6 team, we just had to knock out the stupidity at home, and having a crowd back would do a lot of that.

We are now back to stage one with Rat Raffington, in fact we'll be worse off, without Hammy Rodz and Richarlison and nothing to draw decent players in to replace them. We will be very lucky to finish in the top half.
A Lot of what Carlo failed to achieve at home was directly correlated to the great away form - I can say in a normal season the two would balance out. Which still leaves us 10th under him.

Why does he? because Kev the Rat might say some nasty stuff about him on Twitter? lol

You're pishing into the wind mate Benitez has a job until Usmanov says so - fan opinion will mean nothing if it did he wouldn't be here now after the banners etc.
Ok mate let’s see what the fans have to say when we draw 0-0 at home to Burnley still seeking our first win of season.

the seeds of discontent will be sown early doors with this kopite in charge. No doubt about it.

Ok mate let’s see what the fans have to say when we draw 0-0 at home to Burnley still seeking our first win of season.

the seeds of discontent will be sown early doors with this kopite in charge. No doubt about it.

None of us know how the season will pan out - but the owners aint stupid enough to hire him knowing full well the anger in the fanbase to then sack him as soon as we hit a rocky patch they'll be expecting a level of fan displeasure.

He'll likely be here for 2-3 seasons providing he doesnt end up in the bottom few places and will certainly get the first 18 months.

None of us know how the season will pan out - but the owners aint stupid enough to hire him knowing full well the anger in the fanbase to then sack him as soon as we hit a rocky patch they'll be expecting a level of fan displeasure.

He'll likely be here for 2-3 seasons providing he doesnt end up in the bottom few places and will certainly get the first 18 months.
I would not be quite so confident on that count

I would not be quite so confident on that count

Im critical at times of Moshiri but Usmanov is the man currently running things and the fact he's spoken to Roman Abramovich who would have no doubt told him about Chelsea fans reaction to him tells me he'll be full aware that a rocky patch will bring out anger in some of the fans but Benitez has the skin of a rhino he wont be arsed like someone like Silva was.

Im critical at times of Moshiri but Usmanov is the man currently running things and the fact he's spoken to Roman Abramovich who would have no doubt told him about Chelsea fans reaction to him tells me he'll be full aware that a rocky patch will bring out anger in some of the fans but Benitez has the skin of a rhino he wont be arsed like someone like Silva was.
Not sure how reliable Abramovich’s testimony is - if he did indeed provide supportive statements on Benitez’s behalf - he made sure he was out the door within a season!

I would say being realistic at best 6th-7th and at worst 11th. Anything in between is an average season for the current squad although I would say for Benitez's 1st season 8th-9th would be overacheiving bearing in mind Richarlison will be blowing for tugs after 2 international tournaments and will miss our first 3-4 games of the season.

We gave Carlo the benefit of the doubt in his 1st season and we have to with this fella as well.
So really you were chatting when you said 9th was overachieving, that’s fine you can just admit it :D

The problem is he’s not Carlo is he ? It’s not about naughty Harry on the internet fuming because he got the job but can you honestly say he’s got the same goodwill as ancelotti ? Because we all know he hasn’t in fact it’s the complete and total opposite . So back to my consistent point , made by others like @Kev The Rat , if he doesn’t start well then we all know there will not be solid support behind him . I know it and so do you so I’m not sure of the point in pretending it will be the case , Benitez has zero good will from the majority of the fanbase . I truly hope it’s different in the future and I hope he puts a boot up the backside of many of these underperformers but to pretend ancelotti and Benitez start with the same blank page is self-delusion.

So really you were chatting when you said 9th was overachieving, that’s fine you can just admit it :D

The problem is he’s not Carlo is he ? It’s not about naughty Harry on the internet fuming because he got the job but can you honestly say he’s got the same goodwill as ancelotti ? Because we all know he hasn’t in fact it’s the complete and total opposite . So back to my consistent point , made by others like @Kev The Rat , if he doesn’t start well then we all know there will not be solid support behind him . I know it and so do you so I’m not sure of the point in pretending it will be the case , Benitez has zero good will from the majority of the fanbase . I truly hope it’s different in the future and I hope he puts a boot up the backside of many of these underperformers but to pretend ancelotti and Benitez start with the same blank page is self-delusion.

Im not debating that Ancelotti had much more rope than Benitez - im debating that the rope itself even matters in this instance.

If Usmanov cared about fan opinion Benitez wouldn't be EFC manager mate - ultimately he'll go if Usmanov doesn't think he's getting bang for his buck not because a few thousand fans aint happy at the ground or on twitter.

Carlo overachieved away and underachieved at home. On average a pretty mediocre season, but the whole point of consistency is eradicating the bad performances.
Carlo proved we could be a top 6 team, we just had to knock out the stupidity at home, and having a crowd back would do a lot of that.

We are now back to stage one with Rat Raffington, in fact we'll be worse off, without Hammy Rodz and Richarlison and nothing to draw decent players in to replace them. We will be very lucky to finish in the top half.
Problem is, having the home crowd back for all the teams we beat away would mean us losing more away.

Strange how people don't get that.

I genuinely wish I had your confidence where the board is concerned

I agree, we will never get more for him than we will now.
I am not able to forget how bad he was earlier in the season and feel he is just one mistake away from another bad patch.
I can almost guarantee the inner-Pickford is about to make its presence felt in what remains of these Euros.

The bollock dropped yesterday was like the rumbling of a volcano...there's ash clouds above it and magma is bubbling up within. It's just a matter of time until Eyjafjallajordan blows.

I can almost guarantee the inner-Pickford is about to make its presence felt in what remains of these Euros.

The bollock dropped yesterday was like the rumbling of a volcano...there's ash clouds above it and magma is bubbling up within. It's just a matter of time until Eyjafjallajordan blows.
Wha bollock was that. The one where he came off his line and cleared (not great like) the ball when if he didn't it would have been a 1 on 1 situation. He fluffed his lines on the clearance but showed character preventing a 1 on 1 situation. He baled out the defence then the defence returned the favour. It is in how you look at things

You sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.