Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt matter which manager we got (except fantasy land Conte) i really cant see us getting above 11th or so this year

Im critical at times of Moshiri but Usmanov is the man currently running things and the fact he's spoken to Roman Abramovich who would have no doubt told him about Chelsea fans reaction to him tells me he'll be full aware that a rocky patch will bring out anger in some of the fans but Benitez has the skin of a rhino he wont be arsed like someone like Silva was.
Clearly Benitez has a lot of pull with journalists because so many are writing or broadcasting pieces about him. One thing that struck me on the Ornstein podcast was how involved Usmanov was and how he seems to be the driving factor in the Benitez appointment.

The detail I heard was similar to that; Abramovich was struck by Benitez's professionalism, work rate and attention to detail. The hide as thick as a rhino was also mentioned as a positive.

Moshiri and co. are deserving of criticism on the management of the club but you can say there is a large degree of consistency in the last two appointments. That's something.

The problem is Brands to a much larger extent.

I think he is the easiest of targets now for Benitez though. Like Walsh was for Koeman. I expect the first fissures to be in the Benitez-Brands relationship and Benitez won't mind going public on that.

Benitez seems hands-on enough to want to have a role in everything. Ancelotti was not one of those managers.

Bang average Carlo stolen from us by the best club in the world. WE are the ones that are bang average. And unless we have an unbelievable window we will be next season.
Er, just to indulge my pedantry again, I know what you're saying, but this is the best club in the world. Lots of others are richer, or have won more, especially in recent years (decades), but this is deffo the best club.

Clearly Benitez has a lot of pull with journalists because so many are writing or broadcasting pieces about him. One thing that struck me on the Ornstein podcast was how involved Usmanov was and how he seems to be the driving factor in the Benitez appointment.

The detail I heard was similar to that; Abramovich was struck by Benitez's professionalism, work rate and attention to detail. The hide as thick as a rhino was also mentioned as a positive.
Which is obviously why he binned him as soon as he could…

I'm sorry but i just can't accept this man as Everton manager. And i have tried to make my peace with it. Of course i will always support Everton, but i don't support Benitez. I'm happy to state that i'm very much a plotter, and that while i want Everton to be successful, if he ends up getting fired then at least the kopite will be gone. Then the fans will have their club back, and that this divisive figure will no longer be the cause, of ill will and disharmony in the Everton family. While Rafael Benitez is manager, Everton will not be at peace.

Some people say that the small club remark was years ago etc. It was still a nasty thing to say, and i expect an Everton manager to act with a bit more class integrity and decorum. The rs are a classless organization, so a man like Benitez was right up their street. This is Everton though not the rs, this is a more refined and morally superior institution, to that other racist defending coach attacking rabble across the park. It was a classless comment by a classless man. I would like to say to the pro Benitez supporters, that i find the tone of some of your posts, to be extremely self righteous pompous and sanctimonious. All that does is make people like myself, even more determined to rock the boat, and object to this appointment tbh.

Some people say that the small club remark was years ago etc. It was still a nasty thing to say, and i expect an Everton manager to act with a bit more class integrity and decorum. The rs are a classless organization, so a man like Benitez was right up their street. This is Everton though not the rs, this is a more refined and morally superior institution, to that other racist defending coach attacking rabble across the park. It was a classless comment by a classless man. I would like to say to the pro Benitez supporters, that i find the tone of some of your posts, to be extremely self righteous pompous and sanctimonious. All that does is make people like myself, even more determined to rock the boat, and object to this appointment tbh.
Good post, I mean, why should any Evertonian have to accept a Kopite as a manager, let alone 'back him ffs' as the happy clappers demand.

Has his back room team been sorted? Pre season starts tomorrow for non internationals, would have hoped that would be all done ready for the players to come back

Status
Not open for further replies.