Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats been said about the squad?

From the Athletic.

Last Friday, several of the required negative COVID-19 tests later, Benitez was able to leave his Caldy home but those negotiations continued. They were important to both parties but also something of a sideshow to the Spaniard, who was busily planning for his first moves in the job. He had long since carried out a detailed audit on Everton’s squad.

Such granular preparation for multiple possibilities is not unheard of for Benitez. By Tuesday the formalities were complete. Twenty-four hours later a possibility had become reality.

He really, really should never talk to the media. "...not so much a particular club before he joined us...", of course, Farhad,, of course.
Really don’t think he said too much wrong there to be honest.
If Benitez is to be applauded by some for having the balls to take the job, then Moshiri should equally be applauded for being brave enough to appoint him.

Browse through dozens of pages, filled with emotional opinions but little about Rafael’s footballing approach. Would be nice if anyone could educate us on what to expect.

slow build up aimless passing or high tempo counter attack?

Imagine announcing a new manager with an article involving words like 'after long search and interviewing of several candidates, EFC decided to sign RB' It is so cringe worthy, I am now wondering if Benitez read that?

Yep you are probably right there in fairness. Most of us didn’t want the west hasmster to succeed. Guess that makes us pretty horrific. Well good luck with Liverpool’s hero then if you are happy with it good for you and shame on anyone who thinks it’s a bad appointment for Everton
I think it's just you mate, Millwall the bastions of bigotry and hatred

Browse through dozens of pages, filled with emotional opinions but little about Rafael’s footballing approach. Would be nice if anyone could educate us on what to expect.

slow build up aimless passing or high tempo counter attack?
the style will be Ancelotti max, with worse results than even the snake - the only problem is here the fans wont accept 14th as a finishing poisition.

All hell about to break loose.

I can't decide whether Benitez is here for one last payday, or he does actually want to try and make the team compete, which then begs the question has he got the ability and quality as a manager to achieve this.
After over 50 years watching the blues (and 40 odd years as a ST holder) I never wanted him anywhere near our club, I will still be renewing my season ticket and attending games, as like everyone on here the club is a massive part of our lives, as shows with the passion of the posters, whether we agree with them or not. I wish that I had the principals of some posters who say they won't attend while he's there, my head tells me that I should protest and leave my seat empty every week, but that only hurts me as I'll be missing watching the blues. So lets hope the outcome of this appointment is a positive one for the club, and we start winning games and hopefully some silverware.
He clearly doesn’t need the money mate, so can’t be all about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.