Racist incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite shocked by this as it's vile and wouldn't let it slip if I witnessed it

Last thing we need is another chance for the media to lay in to us.

Showing the RS just how it should be, racism shouldn't be tolerated, those idiots brush anything like this under the carpet and defend their cult followers, but we actually take action and identify those responsible.

Thought this was good about Dixie Dean. Not sure how true it is though.

Dean was our first ever multi-racial player.

He was adopted by our fans and loved back in the 1920s and 1930s. He's our iconic player. THAT'S how progressive we are as a club.

Another reason why highlighting the actions of a single divvy and offering our enemies on the forum a chance to tar us all with it is ridiculous.

unfortunately, people like this scumbag are aloud to breed and pass on there racist views to the next generation.

Dean was our first ever multi-racial player.

He was adopted by our fans and loved back in the 1920s and 1930s. He's our iconic player. THAT'S how progressive we are as a club.

Another reason why highlighting the actions of a single divvy and offering our enemies on the forum a chance to tar us all with it is ridiculous.

Yes, I agree that as a Club we are progressive; Mike Trebilcock played for us in the 60s and Cliff Marshal played for us in the 70s. But, at least in my case, we are talking about the fans, or a select few, not the club as such. I personally don't see it as handing our enemies on the forum ammunition to use against us; more a case of highlighting the fact that it is unacceptable behaviour that will not be tolerated by our more decent fans.

I'm not an overwhlemingly negative poster, I'm an overwhelmingly positive poster.

I criticise everyone and everything that places a roadblock in the way of us becoming a great club again. That is positive. Anyone who accepts what we have now is, in actuality, the negative poster.

And yet you would rather brush this incident under the carpet than "criticise everyone and everything that places a roadblock in the way of us becoming a great club again"?

It is and it is a generational thing add to the fact immigration is lower in towns like mine but certainly age plays a factor in some peoples ways.
I agree. Let's remember racism isn't just a white thing. Although listening to the media that is what they would like you to believe. Some of the worst racism the I have heard is Asian people against black people. Some black people don't like Asians as well.
Racism should be called out whenever it occurs. Age does come into as well. Remember the make up of Britain has changed massively in the last 50 years. Most people in the UK are very tolerant with a few exceptions. Try France and Germany if you want to see real racism. They are miles begins us.
Remember early 70s a player called Clyde best playing at goodison for West ham. The abuse for him was constant. He carried on playing and second half scored a great individual goal. Have to say that the majority of the crowd rose up and applauded his goal. Even he was shocked. His goal was the winner. We hav come a long way since then and long Ms it continue.

The ex pats out here in Spain are the most openly racist group of people I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. I'm also convinced they're a good indicator of the attitude of the general public above a certain age in small UK towns. Not that this has anything to do with Everton but I think bigger cities inhabitants are generally less behind the times. Generally that is
actually the ageing aunt is an expat in portugal..... great observation

Yes, I agree that as a Club we are progressive; Mike Trebilcock played for us in the 60s and Cliff Marshal played for us in the 70s. But, at least in my case, we are talking about the fans, or a select few, not the club as such. I personally don't see it as handing our enemies on the forum ammunition to use against us; more a case of highlighting the fact that it is unacceptable behaviour that will not be tolerated by our more decent fans.
It's a nothing story in the grand scheme of things. EFC willl today alone do stuff for people in the community that are immeasurably more important than some arsewipe screaming racist epithets.

Proportion required

Showing the RS just how it should be, racism shouldn't be tolerated, those idiots brush anything like this under the carpet and defend their cult followers, but we actually take action and identify those responsible.

Weird thing to use against the RS it really is! Turning this into 'We are better than you'
Not as if are club isn't riddled with homophobic, racist idiots as well. We are literally the same city, same upbringing

Weird thing to use against the RS it really is! Turning this into 'We are better than you'
Not as if are club isn't riddled with homophobic, racist idiots as well. We are literally the same city, same upbringing
Yeah,it's a society problem not a football one.

I think for too long people have said that as long as racism is in sociaty we will see it in football stadiums. For me clubs need to be leading the way and letting fans know its not acceptable, ban people who use racist language for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.