Racist incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made reference to this the other day in a different thread but I was genuinely weirded out by a couple of fans near me on Sunday.

The abuse they subjected Luke Shaw, Wan-Bissaka and the assistant referee to, who were all a few yards away at differing times, was vile.

I've never understood why anyone would want to abuse someone at work. I understand, and I do this myself, shouting f off at the referee over a contentious decision. It's a reaction to something.

When it boils over into abuse like Sunday, waiting for players to be in ear shot proximity to call them all the names under the sun, it's disgraceful.

I understand it's not racism but it's still abuse nonetheless.

Scum and only adds to the belief that we are one of the more racist clubs, a tag I hate. Snidey started a thread about toxicity, can we ever rid ourselves of knuckle draggers?

The racist club thing is daft.

A football club doesn't sit in its own world. If there is a race problem at any club then there is a race problem in the society around it. Like Zenit St Petersburg are not a racist club, there may however be an issue with racism in St Petersburg in general.

I certainly don't think Everton has an issue with racism (and I know you are not saying that) but it looks like one or two people who happen to support Everton do. They would be racist even if they did not follow football. Every club will have that.

The racist club thing is daft.

A football club doesn't sit in its own world. If there is a race problem at any club then there is a race problem in the society around it. Like Zenit St Petersburg are not a racist club, there may however be an issue with racism in St Petersburg in general.

I certainly don't think Everton has an issue with racism (and I know you are not saying that) but it looks like one or two people who happen to support Everton do. They would be racist even if they did not follow football. Every club will have that.

Partly right but seeing that video of Chelsea fans not letting a black man on that train is a different level.

Not all Chelsea fans are racist though, that would be daft. Obviously there is an issue with the some elements of society around Chelsea fans.

I guarantee you if there was a train full of fans, not just ours but many other clubs and they saw that it would have been different.

Status
Not open for further replies.