Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way these league cup matches go nowadays most Championship clubs rest players too. These have had a decent start to the season eighth in the league, and could push for playoffs so I’d expect they rest players too.

Could their first team beat our second team whilst we have some key injuries - absolutely.
Can our second team beat their second team - of course they can.

I don't think playing our first team is of any use here, they would be on a hiding to nothing. If they win, so what, if they lose just hammers their confidence.
Godfrey plays, as he needs to build up match fitness and I can't think of anyone else to play at left back. He's done alright there before. (better than right back anyway)

Lonergan
Kenny, Holgate, Branthwaite, Godfrey
Iwobi, Gomes, Davies, Gordon
Rondon

Bench - Begovic, Mina, Welch, Whitaker, Onyango, Simms, Dobbin,
That is a genuinely sickening squad.

And if lonergran starts it really is appalling. Begovic needs game time as he looked shocking on sat.

I think we will lose this one and frankly I am NEA about it. With the James news , the capitulation to Villa and the sight of the sickening kopite at the helm its difficult to get excited. We've got more than half the first team out but this will still go down as a shock result if we lose.
Rondon has got to be exhausted and we will need him for the weekend so I think we will see someone playing the false 9 if Benitez doesn't trust Simms. Cannot see us getting goals tonight so then we have to look at how strong is our defense.... oh thats pretty sad looking too!

Can't see Rondon starting again. Will need him for Saturday.

Simms per chance? Or some false 9 nonsense with Iwobi or someone up top.

I think we will lose this one and frankly I am NEA about it. With the James news , the capitulation to Villa and the sight of the sickening kopite at the helm its difficult to get excited. We've got more than half the first team out but this will still go down as a shock result if we lose.
Rondon has got to be exhausted and we will need him for the weekend so I think we will see someone playing the false 9 if Benitez doesn't trust Simms. Cannot see us getting goals tonight so then we have to look at how strong is our defense.... oh thats pretty sad looking too!
What a mess it is!!

*sigh

Its a difficult choice, to play a second string and risk going out our play a strongish 11th and risk fitness and injury.

I usually want us to give the cups everything as finishing 8th-12th doesnt really make any difference but a decent cup run would. The problem is if this squad got to a semi the pressure would get to most of them and city win the league cup every year for a laugh so I would rather we play the u12s so we dont stretch our paper thin squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.