Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

If we win, great. If we dont, we have less games to play with a stretched to breaking point first team squad.

I wont be too arsed if we go out, tbh. I expect it too.

We've won one trophy in 27 years by the time the end of this season comes around

This isn't a dig at your boy btw, I feel for him with what he has to choose between tonight, but a disappointing cup exit does nobody any good

I feel like this is a night where Gordon needs to step up if he gets a chance. If he is going to make the grade here then these are the sort of games he needs to make an impact. I've been waiting on him for a long time to use his talent and go that step further and prove he can be an effective player.

I think he's going to start tonight and we need to see him take his chance. This is top level football and you need to grasp every opportunity you are given. Our young players need to start stepping up.

I feel like this is a night where Gordon needs to step up if he gets a chance. If he is going to make the grade here then these are the sort of games he needs to make an impact. I've been waiting on him for a long time to use his talent and go that step further and prove he can be an effective player.

I think he's going to start tonight and we need to see him take his chance. This is top level football and you need to grasp every opportunity you are given. Our young players need to start stepping up.
Gordon and stepping up is an oxymoron isn't it?

I don't think playing our first team is of any use here, they would be on a hiding to nothing. If they win, so what, if they lose just hammers their confidence.
Godfrey plays, as he needs to build up match fitness and I can't think of anyone else to play at left back. He's done alright there before. (better than right back anyway)

Lonergan
Kenny, Holgate, Branthwaite, Godfrey
Iwobi, Gomes, Davies, Gordon
Rondon

Bench - Begovic, Mina, Welch, Whitaker, Onyango, Simms, Dobbin,

It sounds like Rondon isn't fit so I would leave him as a sub as an option

I would go for something like (given who is available)

Begovic
Holgate Keane Mina Digne
Gordon Davies Doucoure Townsend
Iwobi
Gray

Why not simms. If he scores and does well it'll bring such a feel good factor we need with all strikers out. Can forget about it for few weeks and be buzzing about simms

If he doesn't, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.