Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be nice to beat QPR, but maybe this season isn't the time to get bogged down in this competition. The squad cant withstand the pressure of two games per week.

It'd be nice to beat QPR, but maybe this season isn't the time to get bogged down in this competition. The squad cant withstand the pressure of two games per week.
This competition has less than a game a month. The mentality that we are better off out of cup competitions maybe helps explain why so much rubbish has been tolerated at this club over 30 years. I will never understand it. We have no European football and people want even less matches????

Bizarre

4 big first teamers out and I will be concerned that we looked leggy especially in midfield with Allan and Doucoure.

It would be interesting what the injury situation with Gbamin and James will be. Hopefully Davies can come in also.

Digne needs a rest for me so Godfrey into left back and Kenny on the right.

Attack-wise, we are very thin on that front but I would like to see Gordon have a run out plus Gray is very much a

Begovic
Kenny - Mina - Keane/Holgate - Godfrey
Davies - Gbamin/Gomes
Iwobi -Townsend/James - Gordon
Rondon
Can't see Rondon making it mate,I don't think I've ever seen a fella as "out on his feet"as him yesterday,hope I am wrong as we only have Simms currently as an available striker.

This competition has less than a game a month. The mentality that we are better off out of cup competitions maybe helps explain why so much rubbish has been tolerated at this club over 30 years. I will never understand it. We have no European football and people want even less matches????

Bizarre
I know,god help them having to actually earn their corn for once!!

How are the QPR fans taking this Game, do they think they have a good chance or hoping they lose it so they have less games, so they can get promoted.

Bizarre
Agree, I want us in the final of both cups

Begovic
Kenny Keane Holgate Digne
Townsend Davies Doucoure Iwobi
Gordon Simms
Think the game would be a hard watch with that line up, and would worry about Townsend playing again given he's over 30 and currently a crucial part of the team.

We don't have many other options if we're going to try and rest a couple of players

Will be going straight from work to this, so hoping it'll be a decent game - I've never liked that ground, though. QPR seem to have made an OK start this season, but have lost their last 2 - so I think they'll be hoping for a decent result so the rot doesn't set in (as will we). I think Lonergan will start as it seems that Begovic will be needed for the next league game or two, although he could probably use a bit more first-team action to get him up to speed, given yesterday's showing. I suspect this game will be the cue for that balloon Dykes, who drives me up the wall when playing for Scotland, to find a bit of form in front of goal.

Will be going straight from work to this, so hoping it'll be a decent game - I've never liked that ground, though. QPR seem to have made an OK start this season, but have lost their last 2 - so I think they'll be hoping for a decent result so the rot doesn't set in (as will we). I think Lonergan will start as it seems that Begovic will be needed for the next league game or two, although he could probably use a bit more first-team action to get him up to speed, given yesterday's showing. I suspect this game will be the cue for that balloon Dykes, who drives me up the wall when playing for Scotland, to find a bit of form in front of goal.

Funny coz i used to love the away games there. Right over the pitch you always felt part of the action.
Apart from the plastic pitch era. That was awful and a very unfair advantage to QPR in all their home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.