• Everton

Votes: 117 60.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 43 22.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting here remembering Alex Parker and Ray Wilson.

They could stick a foot in and pass it to a team mate. Not convinced they needed to be world beaters on the overlap & Eusebio like shooters but happy to accept what you all believe.

3 points is 3 points no matter how we played.

I feel better after this result than after the draws at the start of the season vs Leicester and Arsenal when we outplayed them but only came away with a point each time.

If we played like this for a whole season and came away with 3 points each time there would be no complaints.

This season the RS have made a living out of playing like this and stealing 3 points.

Thats the modern game now. Full backs bombing forward providing an attacking threat.

Last season our full backs were very much key to the way we play as a team and move forward.

Attacking full backs aren't a new invention in the modern game.

Carlos Alberto was sensational attacking from right back for the 1970 Brazilians.

Terry Cooper was great from the same position in the great Leeds team of the early seventies.

Closer to home Gary Stevens and Tricky Trev weaved the same kind of magic diwn our right hand side that Bainsey and Peanuts did on the left a couple years ago.

I feel better after this result than after the draws at the start of the season vs Leicester and Arsenal when we outplayed them but only came away with a point each time.

If we played like this for a whole season and came away with 3 points each time there would be no complaints.

This season the RS have made a living out of playing like this and stealing 3 points.
It certainly beats all that Tika Taka stuff were we usually end up with sweet f a .

Same with Man United.

They had a run of five wins in a row or sommat earlier in the season and they could just as easily have lost those games.

Sitting here remembering Alex Parker and Ray Wilson.

They could stick a foot in and pass it to a team mate. Not convinced they needed to be world beaters on the overlap & Eusebio like shooters but happy to accept what you all believe.

.......Wilson is the best left back I have seen at Everton. Baines, though, is a mighty talented footballer with a magic wand of a left foot. There is no doubt that Baines is brilliant in the top third of the pitch and there is no harm in trying to exploit that.

Great to still see references to Wilson and Parker.

.......Wilson is the best left back I have seen at Everton. Baines, though, is a mighty talented footballer with a magic wand of a left foot. There is no doubt that Baines is brilliant in the top third of the pitch and there is no harm in trying to exploit that.

Great to still see references to Wilson and Parker.

Absolutely. Thank you.

So I've been in Nice for a few days and delighted with the win, thought we'd ditched 2 points again but good for Lennon
How are Gibson and Lukaku, do we know?

So I've been in Nice for a few days and delighted with the win, thought we'd ditched 2 points again but good for Lennon
How are Gibson and Lukaku, do we know?

Gibson sat out Irish training today with a 'minor groin problem'. McCarthy also sat out training just to give an extra day off after having played 4 games in 11 days.

Gibson sat out Irish training today with a 'minor groin problem'. McCarthy also sat out training just to give an extra day off after having played 4 games in 11 days.
Sounds like Gibsons reasonably healthy, reports I read in France suggested he'd taken a bad tackle towards the end of the match.

Sounds like Gibsons reasonably healthy, reports I read in France suggested he'd taken a bad tackle towards the end of the match.

Hopefully yes. He got back up and finished the game. I missed the actual challenge, but when they showed him on the ground pulling his shirt over his face and McCarthy consoling him, I feared the worst. Hopefully it's just a bit of fatigue and he'll be ok.

Just got in and put the telly on Arsenal v Everton form 97/98 John Oster and Nick Barmby just both got booked, we need these sought of players in our current team just joking, we got beat 4-0 and they won the Prem Kendall was not a happy camper

Status
Not open for further replies.