Proposed changes to the Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many votes would it need to pass, surely it wouldn’t get approved since it leaves most of the clubs voting worse off

Fortunately I can imagine lots of clubs disagreeing with this idea, the majority of the league would be against it, would have thought us and Southampton would probably join the against seeinhg how it would obviously favour the 'big 6', if any clubs in the championship are asked they would probably vote against as it limits their shot at the big time. Even Tottenham and arsenal should be wary as the other major clubs will prob pick them off later down the line. West ham however will agree to it as their owners will prob think this will make them a big club again.

The rs and man u using covid excuse to push through and buy votes off poor clubs with a few million in sweetners to enable them to concentrate on european runners up league riches. Plus being able to change rules unilaterally to suit them in the future. Saves them having to be any good at football to be at the top.

If it happens its the end of my interest for me.

If they dont like the league and cups why don't they just pull out of proper football and go to play with the other harlem globetrotters of football in their European show league? Then we can forget about them and their plastic fans and get back to real sport.

As Liverpool and Man United have both shown over the last few years, the only thing that stops them from being a sustained top of the league team is how their hierarchy runs things day to day, month to month, year to year.

They don't need greater control or more money, just be competent and they'll win. The insecurity is wild.

What seems to be missed is the “once every 5 years hold a summer premier league tournament”. What a load of rubbish. Obviously a money grabbing scheme so they can take all the teams out to America in the summer and make millions off them like the NFL has been doing. Worse still it’d take the teams to Saudi Arabi so they can perform for blood money from the murderous royal family over there.

That’s exactly what they’re planning for it. Just like how in La Liga they want big games played outside of Spain, it’ll be the same if this somehow goes through.

What seems to be missed is the “once every 5 years hold a summer premier league tournament”. What a load of rubbish. Obviously a money grabbing scheme so they can take all the teams out to America in the summer and make millions off them like the NFL has been doing. Worse still it’d take the teams to Saudi Arabi so they can perform for blood money from the murderous royal family over there.

That’s exactly what they’re planning for it. Just like how in La Liga they want big games played outside of Spain, it’ll be the same if this somehow goes through.

As I saw pointed out on twitter... a summer PL tournament every five years would eventually clash with a Euros/ World Cup/ Copa America tournament. Not thought through at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.