Priorities

Where should our priorities be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not how it 'should' be prioritised but how it will be. In fact the striker and keeper probably won't happen at all. FFS.

Depends how much / little cash he has to spend really.
I think we'll make three permanent signings of between 5 and 10 million pounds each, with maybe a loan or two thrown in.

Hes sitting on a beach somewhere laughing his little bald head off.

He has more hair than you, and will have scantily clad ladies pandering to his every whim when his missus isn't looking. I'd laugh in his position too.

In order of importance I would go for:
  • Fast, skilful and consistent wide player who will provide creativity,
  • Centre half (x2),
  • Someone who can play across the front line (mainly striker but can also fulfil number ten and wide player roles).
Obviously there are questions regarding a keeper, second choice right back and midfielder but they are less of a priority. Still important though.

He has more hair than you, and will have scantily clad ladies pandering to his every whim when his missus isn't looking. I'd laugh in his position too.

Pipe down you.

In order of importance I would go for:
  • Fast, skilful and consistent wide player who will provide creativity,
  • Centre half (x2),
  • Someone who can play across the front line (mainly striker but can also fulfil number ten and wide player roles).
Obviously there are questions regarding a keeper, second choice right back and midfielder but they are less of a priority. Still important though.

Why you think we need 2 CBs mate?

Jags and Stones are first choice, you think we should buy/loan 2 CBs to sit on the bench when we already have Galloway and Browning?

Howard - Tosh
Robles - Boss

Coleman - Boss
Hibbert - Bossish

Baines - Boss
Oviedobaby - Boss
Garbutt - Judas

Stones - God
Jagielka - Demi-God
*DANGER*
*DANGER*

Besic - Super Boss
Barry - Meh
Gibson - LOL
McCarthy - Boss

Osman - Not even gonna comment
Naismith - See above
Barkley - Hmmmmmm

Mirallas - The Truth Slayer/BOSS
McGeady - Wow
Pienaar - Bossish

Lukaku - Boss
Kone - Not even a footballer

Pipe down you.
Why you think we need 2 CBs mate?

Jags and Stones are first choice, you think we should buy/loan 2 CBs to sit on the bench when we already have Galloway and Browning?
I know Martinez and others certainly will not agree, but I am (and always have been) a strong believer in building from the back.

A solid defence harbours success. Just look at how Distin and Alcaraz have each individually caused us issues over the previous two season.

Having just two 'proven' and 'competent' centre halves genuinely concerns me, as one injury and you're in difficult territory. Two injuries then...

As there has already been talk from the club about Browning getting loan time next season, therefore that only leaves Galloway as a replacement.

I agree maybe just one competent defensive signature would do, but I'd be much happier with one permanent and a potential loan.

It would then give Galloway and time to get first team football in the Championship etc, while being able to rely on a relatively solid defence.

Obviously we will not take my approach, and maybe it's not completely realistic. However that would be my personal preference.

1. Have another crap season so the nuggets on here do one and support Chelsea or Man City like they were destined to.
  2. Once they've gone, change the entire board and act like we have some ambition.
  3. Install a rule that no more Evertonians can be accepted unless they're children born to at least one Evertonian parent.
  4. In line with the above, reduce this forum to no more than 100 posters.
  5. Sell John Stones to see if people have learned their lesson.

ATTACKING CM - Biggest priority a quality attacking midfielder who can teach Barkley what he should be doing when going forward.
GK - Howard should be sold Robles is Ok No2.
STRIKER - Kone is cack - we need to find a decent young player abroad - don't need to spend a fortune.
CB/RB - Cover - An experience player no need to spend a fortune.
WINGER - if Kev goes this is even more urgent we need someone who can get goals - so hopefully not Lennon at that price.

If we could get rid of a few players and spend about 40 Mill we could get some decent players for next season.

1. CB
  2. #10/playmaker
  3. Winger
  4. Backup striker
  5. Backup RB
  6. Tom Cleverly
Would only get a new keeper if Howard was off to the MLS.

New bar staff on matchdays. Was in upper visitors for the Sunderland game and the ques were unreal. Turns out one of the lads behind the bar got caught smoking at his post while the shutters were down and got sacked on the spot.
I normally don't bother with drinking in/around the ground but I really fancied a swift pint at half time!

I also reckon some new footballers in the summer could mix things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.