Previous five managers first 23 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, Silva has the lowest number of points after his first 23 league games out of our previous 5 managers.

Moyes = 23 games - 39 points

Martinez - 23 games - 42 points

Koeman = 23 games - 37 points

Allardyce - 23 games - 34 points

Silva = 23 games - 30 points

Now I know a season isn't 23 games long... but wow. I was someone who wanted Silva in charge, but that's shocking and not good enough - especially considering he has had arguably the best squad. Was gonna post this in the Silva thread but thought it was deserving of its own. Sue me.

Football has come on a bit since moyes 1st season. Blackburn and Newcastle where in top 6 in moyes 1st season.,city and spurs 9th and 10th.

It’s a bit more competitive with the amount of money spent by other teams now a days.

Still does not excuse a few results these season but It is a factor.

No getting away from the fact that 30 points is a dreadful return for this stage of the season. I don't want Silva sacked, but supporting Everton has been a total chore this season since that Anfield sickener.

Marco needs to be careful. He's clearly got a lot of favour with Moshiri and Brands but if he can't even manage a top half finish with this team then he puts an awful amount of pressure on himself going into next season, that's if he gets to see it...

We lose or draw the next 2 games the wolves will be out in force. Holy crap if we see another manager go......the board are gonna be put under heavy scrutiny. Hes surely gotta turn this round

82567B4F-D8E6-40C6-964F-A634840D0A8A.jpeg

Difference between fat Sam and Sílva?

We always new fat Sam was going to leave!!!!!

Sílva is just another foul blot on our ever shrinking reputation as one of the premierships big six.

From top to bottom we have always been out spent, out managed and outplayed whoever is in charge
but with a little cup/league run every ten years or so to give us a little only to be dashed.

Sadly this is what it is like supporting Everton, the quicker you accept this the less it hurts.:rant::celebrate::cheers::dance:

I think part of the issue is, most people weren't sure he was the right man. It's not as if he had a great track record and this is a blip. He got Hull into a position where they might survive, then they didn't. Then he was good for about 15 games at Watford before the wheels fell off. It was always a risky appointment. However, similarly to players, we shouldn't panic and fire him unless we are damn sure we have a good, proven manager to come in.

After steering his team to the bottom of the league and then doing one I look forward to that jarg Klopp fella who just left Huddersfield rocking up at Finch Farm next season. Impeccable Everton credentials.

I agree that we have been awful this season, especially the last 7 weeks. Only 5 of the players in the squad are players that he and Brands brought in though, should we at least give him another couple of windows to bring some more in before we right him off completely?

Must admit, I'm not surprised to see Silva doing average at best....

Fact is
Silva is a poor manager
has a very average record (and that's being nice)
it was a very bad choice by Everton to bring him in
never going to make us a regular Champions League or even Europa team
was always going to be a Roberto Martinez #2... good fast attacks with a shambolic defence which gets found out time and time again.

[Though I will forget all the above, if he wins the FA Cup.]

Wouldn't be surprised to see him gone at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.