Preston vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't sound promising :(

Got a bit annoyed with him last season. He sulked it up too much and generally didn't feel like caring.

Wrong, he was injured. He also played through injury so he wasn't sulking. Fans should respect that.

And yes he looked promising. Nice passing, kept the ball away and linked with VDM a few times.

doesn't sound promising :(

Got a bit annoyed with him last season. He sulked it up too much and generally didn't feel like caring.

He was playing in pain, like too see you trying it. Topped off with some idiots having a go at him because for the 1st time since he arrived his game slightly dropped. I despair sometimes

forgetting the past and looking at our pre season , i think its only fair to say vdm has been the best performer in the first 3 matches overall.

if he can build on that , its reasonable to say he could have a cracking season.

a happy , settled , fit vdm can only be better than the vdm we have seen in the past.

lets hope things keep improving .

forgetting the past and looking at our pre season , i think its only fair to say vdm has been the best performer in the first 3 matches overall.

if he can build on that , its reasonable to say he could have a cracking season.

a happy , settled , fit vdm can only be better than the vdm we have seen in the past.

lets hope things keep improving .

I think its fair to say over the last three years hes [Poor language removed]! I wont be changeing my mind about him, even if he does a ronaldo next season.

i thought the american games were audio only?

are they live on everton tv too?

We get everything the UK gets. Which means audio for regular Premier League matches, FA Cup, League Cup and most UEFA games Just we normally have to wait another day for highlights, but we got all the preseason games live last year too. And a couple of UEFA cup games broadcast live on EvertonTV last year.

It really isn't a bad deal for non-Brit based Blues! Looking for more of the same (higher bandwidth and a higher resolution wouldn't go amiss either)

American games are "extended highlights" (whatever that means) and not live - according to the commentators.

Thought Rodwell wasn't as impressive as normal last night, passes going astray and caught in no-man's land more often than not (also gave away what should have been a penalty).

Gosling had a bit of a nightmare for a while, but improved a bit moving forward at the end of the game.

Tough midfield for them to play in, though. Despite VdM doing a bit of chasing, he still leaves his fullback exposed. Rodwell and Gosling weren't far enough up for most of the game to make anything of what was coming back off the forwards and they hung back too far when we were on defence (mind you, the first team have been known to do that in the past).

Baxter showed impressive skills but still naturally off the pace against a Championship side. Good eye for the pass as well. I can't see him in the first team starters this season, be good for him to break into the Reserves and play regularly there with maybe a few subs in the cups if he continues impressing.

O'Kane and Molyneux didn't do much this game (but came on quite late).

Agard wasn't really a factor and Lukas suffered from little support. Can win the ball well in the air and showed a lot more confidence after his goals, but doesn't seem the fastest.

Baxter looked extremely promising last night.

Hes got a good touch, pass, vision and composure.

Gosling's physicality and not bad touches and agression make him a good looking youngster.

Not a bad run out for ours last night. Another good learning EXPERIENCE for the younger players.

My tip is on current form, and growth (physical size/shape fitness etc), we'll see Baxter and Gosling make the step up to the 1st team.

O'Kane looking at him last night, he's still got time (only just turned 18) - time to grow. His current weakness is his size (being younger than everyone). He's going to need a little more time.

Lukas still needs more experience. He was shattered at the 80 minute mark. He's growing in size (getting bigger build), but because of his illness last season, his fitness out of all of them will take longer to come. He needs regular 90 minute games, and I think in the latter half of this season, could if he works hard try to break into the 1st team.

But I think he needs another 6 months.

But all in all, pretty pleased with the two faces in particular that are going to come through this year

Baxter and Gosling.

The key test will be can they make the step up again. On current trend... definite possibility.

Forgot to add:

I saw (although at the time didn't realise it), Andy Johnson leaving Deepdale last night before kickoff. He left through one of the exits in PNE's new stand....

He was wearing a full Everton tracksuit and a blue wooly hat which covered his head (hence I didn't realise it was him till he'd just gone past about three yards away).

Was on his phone.... probably to his Missus telling her he' was on his way home and I think, was more concerned with leaving quietly without being surrounded. Hence why I didn't stop him for a chat.

He's looking fit. Looks like the trip to Switzerland did him good.

Will be a shame if he is let go by David Moyes. Although I don't doubt Moyes has weighed things up himself..... its up to the manager.

Was quite surprised to see him walking out to the carpark.... But anyway it will all come out in the wash..... weird things happen at pre-seasons...... as you can tell

American games are "extended highlights" (whatever that means) and not live - according to the commentators.

Thought Rodwell wasn't as impressive as normal last night, passes going astray and caught in no-man's land more often than not (also gave away what should have been a penalty).

Gosling had a bit of a nightmare for a while, but improved a bit moving forward at the end of the game.

Tough midfield for them to play in, though. Despite VdM doing a bit of chasing, he still leaves his fullback exposed. Rodwell and Gosling weren't far enough up for most of the game to make anything of what was coming back off the forwards and they hung back too far when we were on defence (mind you, the first team have been known to do that in the past).

Baxter showed impressive skills but still naturally off the pace against a Championship side. Good eye for the pass as well. I can't see him in the first team starters this season, be good for him to break into the Reserves and play regularly there with maybe a few subs in the cups if he continues impressing.

O'Kane and Molyneux didn't do much this game (but came on quite late).

Agard wasn't really a factor and Lukas suffered from little support. Can win the ball well in the air and showed a lot more confidence after his goals, but doesn't seem the fastest.

I'd agree with all of the above except the VDM comment and that's only because on several occasions, I remarked how he had tracked back to cover all the way to the endline since Valente had moved inside to cover his man. I rarely saw him leave Valente exposed in this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.