Press coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Monday I read the Everton-Swansea reports in both The Mail and The Express. The Mail 'report' was less than 50 words. The Express was less than 100. In an age when regional versions of a newspaper can readily be produced with a bit of rejigging this is appalling. But blow me, I again buy The Express today to see the report of last nights game. I flick past a whole page report of Villa-B'ham and half or quarter page reports on a number of others. I go through the sports pages again because I'd obviously overlooked the Everton-Reading report. Still can't find it -- because there wasn't one! Unbelievable. Has there been any previous occasion, ever, when a national newspaper on sale in Liverpool omitted a report on us?

Eventually I came across a two sentence reference to the game in a short column reviewing all the other games together!

Nothing new for the excess - I mentioned something similar a few months back, IIRC.

I don't read much press on us.

I imagine they said how crap <insert opposition team name> were as opposed to highlighting Everton's good areas.

On Monday I read the Everton-Swansea reports in both The Mail and The Express. The Mail 'report' was less than 50 words. The Express was less than 100. In an age when regional versions of a newspaper can readily be produced with a bit of rejigging this is appalling. But blow me, I again buy The Express today to see the report of last nights game. I flick past a whole page report of Villa-B'ham and half or quarter page reports on a number of others. I go through the sports pages again because I'd obviously overlooked the Everton-Reading report. Still can't find it -- because there wasn't one! Unbelievable. Has there been any previous occasion, ever, when a national newspaper on sale in Liverpool omitted a report on us?

Eventually I came across a two sentence reference to the game in a short column reviewing all the other games together!
The Express don't like us mate cause we didn't sell Stones to Chelsea. Id even go as far as to say they are literally disgusted we didn't. Can't think of the journos name but the belittling attitude from him all summer towards us was disgraceful. For me that's reason enough to NEVER buy said paper

The Express don't like us mate cause we didn't sell Stones to Chelsea. Id even go as far as to say they are literally disgusted we didn't.

john 'ricco' richardson (Chief reporter of that rag) had Stones sold to chelsea 6 months ago. He went into full BS mode in the last few weeks of the window.

Now, you might think it'd be some sort of revenge for making him look like a tit (He does a great job of that every time he writes an article) but ignoring Everton completely is nowt new for the bogroll. Many a Sunday's gone by (when we've been playing on a Sunday) there's not been a match preview in their pull-out.

Not a word. Nothing. Zilch.

I think there is a wider point that our PR efforts remain fairly poor with the written and tv media. Apart from the standard media interviews/press conferences there's very little other football related content put out by the club. Newspapers have to fill column inches and tv time, it does not appear we do a great deal in this area.
I agree, the only time I remember this picking up was when Alan Myers was in charge.

john 'ricco' richardson (Chief reporter of that rag) had Stones sold to chelsea 6 months ago. He went into full BS mode in the last few weeks of the window.

Now, you might think it'd be some sort of revenge for making him look like a tit (He does a great job of that every time he writes an article) but ignoring Everton completely is nowt new for the bogroll. Many a Sunday's gone by (when we've been playing on a Sunday) there's not been a match preview in their pull-out.

Not a word. Nothing. Zilch.
That's the fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.