Press coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrb85

Player Valuation: £35m
On Monday I read the Everton-Swansea reports in both The Mail and The Express. The Mail 'report' was less than 50 words. The Express was less than 100. In an age when regional versions of a newspaper can readily be produced with a bit of rejigging this is appalling. But blow me, I again buy The Express today to see the report of last nights game. I flick past a whole page report of Villa-B'ham and half or quarter page reports on a number of others. I go through the sports pages again because I'd obviously overlooked the Everton-Reading report. Still can't find it -- because there wasn't one! Unbelievable. Has there been any previous occasion, ever, when a national newspaper on sale in Liverpool omitted a report on us?

Eventually I came across a two sentence reference to the game in a short column reviewing all the other games together!

On Monday I read the Everton-Swansea reports in both The Mail and The Express. The Mail 'report' was less than 50 words. The Express was less than 100. In an age when regional versions of a newspaper can readily be produced with a bit of rejigging this is appalling. But blow me, I again buy The Express today to see the report of last nights game. I flick past a whole page report of Villa-B'ham and half or quarter page reports on a number of others. I go through the sports pages again because I'd obviously overlooked the Everton-Reading report. Still can't find it -- because there wasn't one! Unbelievable. Has there been any previous occasion, ever, when a national newspaper on sale in Liverpool omitted a report on us?

Eventually I came across a two sentence reference to the game in a short column reviewing all the other games together!
Yes

Let's be honest and take off the blue tinted specs.

We played very well against Swansea but to the rest of the world it was two possible Europa league hopefuls in a 0-0 draw... Not very exciting.

Last night, we did some good things but essentially it was a premier league team beating a championship team as they should do and the focus was on a big derby game which is probably the only time they'll meet this season which is much more interesting. Did you care reading about Stoke's one nil win last night either?

I don't read the papers because I only care about Everton and therefore I log on here instead.

I think it depends which regional edition of the national newspaper you read.

The North West editions will feature Eveton more than the West Midlands or London editions will.

Eventually I came across a two sentence reference to the game in a short column reviewing all the other games

May I ask which area of the country you bought these newspapers?

I think it depends which regional edition of the national newspaper you read.

The North West editions will feature Eveton more than the West Midlands or London editions will.

The other thing is I have noticed over the years that 8 o'clock kick offs don't get much reporting the following morning.

I think there may be a cut off point for filing match reports for the next morning's papers which comes just too soon for the kater starts.

STOP PRESS! Paper makes decision to print stories it thinks its readers will be interested in and help sell it!
BREAKING NEWS! Country isn't desperate to read about Reading v Everton in the nation's 2nd most watched cup compeition.

I think there is a wider point that our PR efforts remain fairly poor with the written and tv media. Apart from the standard media interviews/press conferences there's very little other football related content put out by the club. Newspapers have to fill column inches and tv time, it does not appear we do a great deal in this area.

I think there is a wider point that our PR efforts remain fairly poor with the written and tv media. Apart from the standard media interviews/press conferences there's very little other football related content put out by the club. Newspapers have to fill column inches and tv time, it does not appear we do a great deal in this area.

Sometimes its good to not be in the press all the time.

Look at the media circus around Chelsea over the club doctor scenario, John Terry being dropped, Diego Costa's antics, Mourinho being a pleb etc etc etc.

Sometimes you don't want to be a media whore as it allows the players/manager to get on with there job without having to worry about what the papers are saying about you

The big, blue invisibility cloak. Only "big" fixtures cause it to blow up Marilyn Monroe style to reveal our sexy football legs, which everyone immediately forgets about the next week.
Its annoying but frankly it shouldn't matter. I largely go on the official site for injury updates, replays etc and on here for the non propaganda version.

Status
Not open for further replies.