Press Conference thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok as long as 2 of them aren't defensive midfielders
I think it depends what you class as a defensive midfielder to be honest. Some people seem to say we're playing with two defensive midfielders when Gomes is on the field, which seems bizarre to me when he contributes almost nothing defensively, and has only made about 2 tackles since he joined. I'm not sure i'd say Delph was a defensive midfielder either. They're not box to box goalscorers or great playmakers, but I wouldn't say that makes them defensive.

I think it depends what you class as a defensive midfielder to be honest. Some people seem to say we're playing with two defensive midfielders when Gomes is on the field, which seems bizarre to me when he contributes almost nothing defensively, and has only made about 2 tackles since he joined. I'm not sure i'd say Delph was a defensive midfielder either. They're not box to box goalscorers or great playmakers, but I wouldn't say that makes them defensive.
I think Delph is more defence minded but is capable of going forward,Gomes is better going forward which makes them a better combination than Delph and Schneiderlin ,which has been the combination in our 2 away losses so far

I think Delph is more defence minded but is capable of going forward,Gomes is better going forward which makes them a better combination than Delph and Schneiderlin ,which has been the combination in our 2 away losses so far
It was Gomes and Schneiderlin at Villa. At the moment we're without what would quite possibly be our 2 first choice starters in those positions, so it's just a case of make do and mend I think.

SOME OF THE SILVA PRE MAN CITY P/C

Same regarding injuries

Gbamin and Gomes both still out

Gomes assessment next week
"He will be out, he still hasn't been working with his team-mates. He is doing some steps to integrate with the team, possible next week.

Sidibe stepping up
Silva says Tuesday’s game was a test for Djibril Sidibe’s legs and although he’s “done well” he will be demanding more from him.

A 'good fight' at right-back
Silva on Sidibe's chances: "Unfortunately for us he didn't do the pre-season with us. He didn't have time to do a friendly game in that period.
He is pushing Coleman. It will be a good fight between them both.

Silva not happy with goals conceded
Silva on recent defensive performance: We were the fourth-best defence last season,No-one is happy when you concede goals like we have conceded in the last few games

Silva not happy with league position
Asked if 14th place is under-achieving, Silva says: “Of course I am not happy.
I am the first who is not happy. If we achieved 3pts in our last home game, then we are talking about a completely different position in the table.
But if you ask me are you happy with the last PL Performance, It was not good enough

Too early to panic
Silva on league position and form: "Of course I am not happy.
It is too early to look at the table and panic.

Two up front?
Marco speaks of the challenge to try and get a result tomorrow
Asked if he’ll play with two players up front, Silva cites the last home game when he played with two strikers for almost 40 minutes but created fewer chances than when he had one.

Nothing in Sporting links
Marco Silva laughs when asked about reports from Portugal claiming he had been approached by his former club Sporting and says Nothing, nothing,nothing ,It is new to me.

Silva calls on Blues to be more ruthless
SIlva says: “We need to be clinical, ruthless in both boxes because if you do that, for sure the results will improve again.

Blues must believe
Silva says Everton must be solid and believe in themselves.

We want this type of challenge on Man City Game
Silva says: “It will be a big challenge for us but we want this type of challenge
we know they like to score early - but we don’t look at their last league result.
I prefer to look at the Norwich game

SOME OF THE SILVA PRE MAN CITY P/C

Same regarding injuries

Gbamin and Gomes both still out

Gomes assessment next week
"He will be out, he still hasn't been working with his team-mates. He is doing some steps to integrate with the team, possible next week.

Sidibe stepping up
Silva says Tuesday’s game was a test for Djibril Sidibe’s legs and although he’s “done well” he will be demanding more from him.

A 'good fight' at right-back
Silva on Sidibe's chances: "Unfortunately for us he didn't do the pre-season with us. He didn't have time to do a friendly game in that period.
He is pushing Coleman. It will be a good fight between them both.

Silva not happy with goals conceded
Silva on recent defensive performance: "No-one is happy when you concede goals like we have conceded in the last few games.

Silva not happy with league position
Asked if 14th place is under-achieving, Silva says: “Of course I am not happy.
I am the first who is not happy. If we achieved 3pts in our last home game, then we are talking about a completely different position in the table.
But if you ask me are you happy with the last PL Performance, It was not good enough

Too early to panic
Silva on league position and form: "Of course I am not happy.
It is too early to look at the table and panic.

Two up front?
Marco speaks of the challenge to try and get a result tomorrow
Asked if he’ll play with two players up front, Silva cites the last home game when he played with two strikers for almost 40 minutes but created fewer chances than when he had one.

Nothing in Sporting links
Marco Silva laughs when asked about reports from Portugal claiming he had been approached by his former club Sporting and says Nothing, nothing,nothing ,It is new to me.

Silva calls on Blues to be more ruthless
SIlva says: “We need to be clinical, ruthless in both boxes because if you do that, for sure the results will improve again.

Blues must believe
Silva says Everton must be solid and believe in themselves.

We want this type of challenge on Man City Game
Silva says: “It will be a big challenge for us but we want this type of challenge
we know they like to score early - but we don’t look at their last league result.
I prefer to look at the Norwich game
surely hes not using that dreadful example off the Sheff United game as a case for not using two up top?

surely hes not using that dreadful example off the Sheff United game as a case for not using two up top?

IT sounds like more of the same is going to be dished up !

with our make shift centre mids playing we will get completely over ran..

last time we played a makeshift midfield of sniderfraud and rooney , david silva and de bruyne ran the show and had 100 odd touched each between them in the FIRST HALF and rooney and ratty had 7 and 8 each..

deplorable

I'm actually still fuming that he isn't convinced by two up top because he used it in the 2nd half of the Sheff United game and we created less despite throwing every attacker on and losing the our shape and balance, These type of comments just make me lose faith in him with each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.