Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
No fancy Dan trips to Oz or USA for Seany.

Bolton, Tranmere and Stoke it is.

I don’t mind this. Gives local fans the chance to get to pre-season games (no slight against any non local fans btw)

But more importantly I think those types of teams, probably ahead of us in fitness at that stage of pre season, are far more useful opponents than playing some Austrian part timers, US teams in 1000 degrees, or la Liga teams who pass us off the park at Goodison playing a style of football very few PL teams even play and destroying confidence.

Also this squad quite frankly doesn’t deserve a big lads holiday somewhere, get down to some hard yards in the northwest and get some work in. Would be good to see a few SPL teams on the agenda too, always used to enjoy playing them.

We could be crap and get beat by pretty much anyone anywhere in the world.

I just meant that we aren't going to maximise current and future commercial opportunities by going to Stoke and Bolton
Almost every year going back to Moyes we’ve either gone to the US, Australia or the Far East for friendlies or tournaments and started seasons slower and sluggish

Maybe sticking to localish games and mid Europe might have the opposite effect?

A domestic pre- season: I'm all for it. You want a European tour lads? Try qualifying with a top 6 finish, instead of a pathetic 18th place.
You want to play illustious opposition? Start putting in performances that suggest that's your level, because right now, the championship would appear to be your level for most of you

A domestic pre- season: I'm all for it. You want a European tour lads? Try qualifying with a top 6 finish, instead of a pathetic 18th place.
You want to play illustious opposition? Start putting in performances that suggest that's your level, because right now, the championship would appear to be your level for most of you

100%.

We are where we are and these are the type of games they'll need to be switched on for.

From a commercial stand point we should be going to USA every year and building the fan base. But I think this pre season needs to be all about hard work and focus and I hope dyche beasts the squad.

100% but we lose all commercial options if we go down.

Need a solid year of stability I feel, and if we can get ourselves on the beach nice and early this upcoming season, then I’d be exploring the commercial aspect.

No benefit in us getting pumped 5-0 by Arsenal, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.