Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The absolute dramatics lol preseason is largely about fitness, I don't mind at all that they're putting on games local enough for me to actually attend. They will arrange further fixtures and whether they're in Spain or Scotland, the point will be fitness, easing in new players, and working out the game plan. Far more important than trying to convince foriegn neutrals to support a team who just avoided relegation (they won't)

In the early 70’s our manager Billy Bingham used to take the players to Formby sand dunes, that was our fitness camp !
We’d regularly play Shamrock Rovers away for some reason around that era.
Just before our league winning season of 69-70, we had a friendly at Darlington which we lost 4-3, and fans were fumin’, not knowing what was to come that great season.

I guess it saves on petrol. FFS what a grim list to release. The crappy side of The Wirral, Bolton, and Stoke. It's like someone said "Name three places in England that it would hurt your soul to travel to"
Exactly so. Just more terrible comms.

Everton fans could do with a little pick me up after that season, a nice exotic fixture. It doesn't have to be against a Champions League side, just a continental team we've heard of.

Instead, we get the dregs of pre-season announced before anything else.

It's just more proof the club is run by a bunch of amateurs.

Everton fans could do with a little pick me up after that season, a nice exotic fixture. It doesn't have to be against a Champions League side, just a continental team we've heard of.

How about another trip to Nuremberg ?
🍺🍺😎

All they had to do was add a Belgium or Holland fixture and no one would be caring about the quality of the English fixtures because they'd be looking for hotels and travel and be excited.

Proper bed wetting over these fixtures.

Exactly who we should be playing to ensure the players are fit and ready for the season. Both Bolton and Stoke will be at pretty much full fitness as their seasons will be about to start.

I'd love another trip abroad, but id rather us be prepared for the season.

And as for the money element. We went to Aus last year. Look how well prepared we were coming back after Xmas.

the flaw in your argument is we had the most useless manager in PL history in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.