Pre-Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that just the other day when I was in Dublin....I usec to pop over regularly to watch the Blues in Ireland.

Howard in particular was fond of bringing the team to Belfast to play Linfield or Glentoran.

And I recall going over for a game at Drogheda when Joe was in charge ;)

Then there were the legendary European jaunts to play Finn Harps and UCD.

I can’t remember the last time we played a game on t’ Emerald Isle :(
I think it was that game in Drogheda. There have been a couple of other matches involving the youths, or a development squad as it was called that played Bohs and the only other one was an experimental squad which included Jeffers on his return against Bray. I actually think Jeffers may have scored 4 or 5 goals in that match

We played Bohs at short notice,when the Spurs game was cancelled due to the riots.

We need to have a much better pre season and playing much better teams than last summer:

Goh Mahia (Who even are they?)
Genk (Very average)
Twente(finished bottom of the dutch league)
Ruzemborok (Europa League)
Sevilla

I was thinking that just the other day when I was in Dublin....I usec to pop over regularly to watch the Blues in Ireland.

Howard in particular was fond of bringing the team to Belfast to play Linfield or Glentoran.

And I recall going over for a game at Drogheda when Joe was in charge ;)

Then there were the legendary European jaunts to play Finn Harps and UCD.

I can’t remember the last time we played a game on t’ Emerald Isle :(

Dundalk in 2016.

Hopefully not to far away, with 4 players out at the World Cup, those guys will have done a lot of travel this summer, same if we manage to bring any players in who have been out there, rather we just went to Ireland and Scotland, let other teams burn themselves out giong to Asia chasing the money

Status
Not open for further replies.