Potential Summer Transfer Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo2901

Player Valuation: £225k
Potential Summer Transfer Targets

Brede Hangeland - Free Transfer

I think if we could snap this guy up on a free then it'd be a great bit of business for us because it would beef up our options defensively. Hangeland is a 31 year old central defender who could certainly add something to our team, he's been playing in the Premier League for five years now so he certainly knows the ins and outs of the division. He has many strengths which include being able to pass the ball effectively and he is also a good solid tackler of the ball.

Leroy Fer - £8.5m

Obviously we all heard this lads name mentioned an awful lot in the January transfer window because the deal that we had 'agreed' for him broken down due to the fact that we wanted to pay the transfer fee in instalments which was not what we had previously agreed with FC Twente. However I have no doubt that the deal will be resurrected in the summer, whether he will be bought with the Fellaini money because in my opinion I am resigned to the fact Fellaini will be leaving. But I do think 23 year old Fer would be worth the layout, he is a strong central midfielder who possesses plenty of pace who can play the forward pass and I also think he would fit into the passing play style that we have been playing recently. He would definitely compliment Darron Gibson perfectly in the centre of midfield.

Bafétimbi Gomis - Free Transfer

27 year old Befétimbi Gomis is a player who is very highly rated in the French Ligue 1, he currently plays for Olympique Lyonnais however his contract is up at the end of the current season. He is a 6ft nothing striker which obviously makes him a handful for opposition centre halves. He is a great passer of the ball, however he is very much a traditional striker who will linger in and around the 18 yard box waiting for an opportunity to score which is the complete opposite to how our current main striker Nikica Jelavić has been playing this season. He bears an exquisite first touch which often finds himself getting beyond the goalkeeper and having an open goal to shoot into. Additionally he is a brilliant finisher which means in a goalscoring situation 9 times out of 10 it will result in him scoring. Wage demands could potentially be a problem here but it would be great if we could land him on a free.

I think we should also start looking for mobile, agile, creative AM to replace Fellaini, maybe Beńat, Eriksen, Siem De Jong, Honda. But the player styles/positions are certainly what we need most.

Guys I didn't write this saying it's definitely going to happen I just wanted to test out my writing skills because I want to start writing on here more frequently anyway there are some rather negative replies...

Think it depends who's in charge and what/if euro competition were in. Oh and what change bill got lying around. But hangleland on a free would be a good shout.

Guys I didn't write this saying it's definitely going to happen I just wanted to test out my writing skills because I want to start writing on here more frequently anyway there are some rather negative replies...

Don't listen to them mate. There's some very negative people on here. People that can't recognise true writing ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.