Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool supporters are petrified that the league will not be finished... we can only hope.
I was talking about this with one of cult the other day and he felt if the season was cancelled they should be awarded the title.
I had to point out that we were champions when both world wars were fought and if we were to go by his reasoning we should have been given 10 more league titles.
I was only on a wind up but the fact is if you don't win it don't count.

90 confirmed cases. Who knows how many have it and either haven't been tested yet or are not exhibiting symptoms, yet.

Aye but even if you catch it as nasty as it is the chances of dying from it looking at current statistics are still very very low.

Its not the same level as Bubonic Plague thankfully!

What about the teams themselves? If just one player gets it, then potentially the whole squad could end up infected. What are the rules then? Are all matches for infected teams canceled?

Its all about delaying it spreading, rather than preventing it spreading now. So one bloke with it in a crowd of 40000 will spread it quicker than one in a pub.
Exactly. You wouldn't want to be the one responsible for giving the green light for a major event like a match to go ahead, and then 1000 people got it of which 30 died.

People are far too quick to brush this off as scaremongering -- that its 'just like the flu', or exaggerating saying its the 'end of the world'. Its neither. It will kill people if it spreads to the vulnerable. The NHS spends over £100 million on flu vaccines annually on those people. There is no vaccine for this yet. Delaying the spread will save lives.

Government are now moving to the delay phase, which will see things like this come in within the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.