Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Arteta has caught it. So what? There is little chance of him having anything other than a mild flu. Rather than panic, let's just look at the number of deaths in this country (10). If we're going to cancel everything, put thousands of jobs at risk etc every time there's a medical scare, however real the consequences for some, then let's take this logic to its conclusion and shut down all roads and ban smoking for starters.

Although the over reactors are very annoying people reacting like you are is just as bad.

You say it yourself, why don't we shut down each time there is a medical scare?

Well only a teeny tiny bit of thinking would lead me to realizing that maybe there is more to this one than the others?

Governments are not grinding their nations to a halt for a bloody laugh are they?

So Arteta has caught it. So what? There is little chance of him having anything other than a mild flu. Rather than panic, let's just look at the number of deaths in this country (10). If we're going to cancel everything, put thousands of jobs at risk etc every time there's a medical scare, however real the consequences for some, then let's take this logic to its conclusion and shut down all roads and ban smoking for starters.
Clueless idiot. Should we just wait until deaths reach the thousands before taking action? I'm glad even this tory government shows some sense and takes this seriously when there are people in society this stupid.
If Arteta can get it, so can someone like Hodgson, who is 72 and would be at serious risk. No big deal though, right?

I can’t see anything other than postponement and playing in June, or complete cancellation. Behind closed doors leads to complaints about some clubs not having home advantage. Playing games now leads to clubs complaining that players or managers aren’t available.

Whatever option they take ends up in court. Spare a thought for Leeds/West Brom too. However the easiest/most logical legal defence is that if a competition is not completed the results are void.

Let's put it this way, do you think any bookies will pay out on any results if the season isnt finished based upon current league standings?

What European leagues do will make a big difference, but I suspect they will cancel and void, which will strengthen the case.

I can’t see anything other than postponement and playing in June, or complete cancellation. Behind closed doors leads to complaints about some clubs not having home advantage. Playing games now leads to clubs complaining that players or managers aren’t available.

Behind closed doors is a non-starter now that players and managers have got it. Would be completely pointless.

Whatever option they take ends up in court. Spare a thought for Leeds/West Brom too. However the easiest/most logical legal defence is that if a competition is not completed the results are void.

Let's put it this way, do you think any bookies will pay out on any results if the season isnt finished based upon current league standings?

What European leagues do will make a big difference, but I suspect they will cancel and void, which will strengthen the case.

I can se the euros being moved and fixtures being played in June. Money will reign supreme over any other consideration.

Whenever it became possible I’d love to see the top 3 in the championship have a one off game against the current bottom 3. So 20th vs 1st- Leeds vs Norwich etc. That would honestly be fair to me. Not a chance Norwich deserve to stay in the premier league and reap another year of financial rewards.

This is it - all these rich people getting tested privately (here and in US) is showing how widespread it actually is. Making an absolute mockery of the government's reassuring messages...

Apparently we have moved to the delay phase...continuing to wash our hands and trusting people with minor colds to stay at home

I think the UK should be in the delay phase, but are acting like they are in the containment phase. The weekend could be carnage if it’s not called off. This thing works on exponential growth I.e. it can double itself over night and on and on, Its envitable that the UK will go in to the delay phase, the worry is measures will be activated to late and the mitigation phase could be carnage.

It’s a good point on wealthy football clubs being able to afford to test their players immediately and the results are there to see. Its not the same for the general public.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.